don't click here

Sonic 1: NEW STUFZ

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Sonic 65, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Mighty is just Sonic in a wig anyway.

2. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Amy would've been different.

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    So stupid to have more characters when they are just Sonic copies, or Tails/Knuckles copies.

4. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    wouldn't you like to know
    Guitar Hero II Deluxe
    Who the fuck cares which characters others are using in their hacks? Or for that matter, who the fuck cares about anything other than outright code and data theft?

My advice is to not give a fuck what other people are going to put in their hack - if you have an idea for something, and someone else independently puts that in their hack, tough shit. But if you get code or data stolen, I'll be right there to denigrate the thief.

This sort of seems like those TV patent commercials where they go "If only I'd got the patent, I'd be rich!" Yeah, well, you didn't, so you lose. If you have an idea for a hack, and someone beats you to the punch, then suck it up and go on.

Sorry if this sounds sort of brunt, but as I said, it's only an idea, it's not like it's code or data theft.

Fuck originality - make the hack that YOU want. Don't use someone else's code or data without asking and giving credit, of course, but as far as ideas go? Do whatever the fuck you want.

5. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    New pictures galore! The following pics are up-to-date:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    uumm....eehh.....eer.....yeah

7. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    What was that about?

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The marble zone sun must be the most brilliant art piece I have ever seen. It looks like the real sun! Even the colors! The size! The form! Wow!

9. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Sarcastic comments aside, you may want to make that moon less-square, and add some dithering to that sky of yours.
    [​IMG]
    Something along the lines of this. Creating art by 8x8 square one at a time has its weaknesses, you should try doing art outside of SonED first and then put it in after. Sure it'd take longer, but the results are usually far better.

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You still own at pixel art! Can I have your babies?

11. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Let's see here:

1st and 2nd picture: The only thing I really like about this is the ground. The shading of the cactus makes it look too bright and the basketballs make me wonder if Saxman has been around recently *shot* The background I am not liking, merely because of the shading of the sky and ground looks so MS Paintish.

3rd picture: I like the brick work in the ground tiles. Keep it up!

4th picture: Jackpot is off center. Also, the yellow brickwork under the platform that Sonic usually stands on looks weird.

5th picture: Nice ground.

That's what I think. Feel free to completely ignore.

12. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Sonic 65 is no artist, that's for sure.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    LOL

EDIT: Hivebrain didn't mean to be evil, I am sure. But if you think of it as evil, then it was funny

14. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Yeah, I know I really need to work on MZ. The BG was very rushed, as you can see, and I need to vary the foreground more. But I've been putting that off to work on technical edits. =P

But no one except Trigahd really gave comments about the other pics. I want more comments on those. =P

15. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    That ones cool :(

...ironically I'm totally lost about what you're trying to get at with that :P

16. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Update on MZ's background:

[​IMG]

Tell me if this looks better. =P

17. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    Looks about a million times better. Still lacks finer detail, but MUCH MUCH better than before.

18. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    MUCH better. One thing though, you may want to semi anti-alias the sun to make it look a little more rounded. Sorta like..
    [​IMG]
    .. this. :P Use it if you want, I don't mind. Just to me the moon still looks a tiny little bit odd.

19. That's not marble, so why is it a marble zone? =P

20. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    That is looking really cool S65, but yeah you need to add deserty rocks in the background. Looks much better than beofre though definatly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.