don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    eBay is your friend. That's where I got mine anyway. It's a pity it came with a Euro adaptor rather than a UK one, but I managed to get a back-up adaptor that's UK friendly.

2. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

This is great. And while I was looking for a Sega CD earlier, I think this is what will cause me to really intensify my search. Emulators can't possibly do this justice.

3. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game

:awe:

Anywho, yadda yadda blarhg sad to see you go blahblah wish you good luck, both tweaker and team megamix etc etc.

The game is fun as I imagined, the loading times were somewhat new and something I had to get used to. Moving to MegaCD/SegaCD was such a cool idea and made the whole game feel authentic, and if this had not happened, I'm sure you guys would have just raped the possibilities. Ya know? I watched this project when I wasnt even a member back in 2005. Its be a long way since then. Anywho, yea. This release is more than enough for most of us. So thanks.

RIP Team Megamix - GAME OVER, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

4. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    So I pretty much ignored this thread expecting the new pages to be just more whining and bitching and drama until MK in the IRC told me the new Megamix was actually for Mega-CD!

Played it, and I am amazed. You really earned my respect there guys, great job.
    I still don't like the game itself though. :p

5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Nautrally this is the first thing I seen when I downloaded the game. :P

6. What! WHAT! What the fuck is going on, this feels like a nightmare ;-;....

7. Skaarg

Skaarg

If you're really that upset by something like this you really need to fucking get outside more.

8. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    You should try the Act 4 stages, they're designed to replicate Sonic CD stages

Haaaaaaaaaaaahaha. That was pretty funny, that there. People on Retro, getting outside.

9. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I hike on weekends, does that make me a not Retro user?

I'm not gonna praise Team Megamix like everyone else, since in all reality what they did was quit. I'm not gonna say good job with the hack because despite all of the additions it's incomplete. Instead of thanking Team Megamix for going as far as they did, I think we'd be better off asking why they didn't go all the way.

The truth is, this is an incomplete hack, and it should be viewed the same way Tweaker wanted all of us to view 3.0hfuck.

10. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Another great hack discontinued in the best community tradition.
    Sonic 2: Long Version ftw! (/sarcasm)

11. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    ...whine whine whine...

Anyways, ppl should limit themselves to smalltime hacks since they can't seem to finish anything bigger.
    Unfinished hacks, no matter how promising are worthless.
    Although Megamix v3.0 feels kinda finished so I'll stick to that.

Edit: k, I'm done and will no longer post in the thread.
    Megamix is dead and buried and so should this thread.

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Saz, you win the thread =P

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Tweaker vs Russia = EPIC LULZ

But the thing is, I really don't think that the average hack is ever going to be released in a finished state -- the main reason that a lot of professional products are ever released is that a deadline is set for the release of the product, and the company wishes to hold to that -- there's a reason that the phrase, "You never finish, you just run out of time" came into use.

Seeing as how a nonprofessional hack like this doesn't have any sort of timetable, it will either be WIP for decades until it's finally released in a perfect, bug-free state that fully represents the creators' visions, or it eventually is stopped for work on other projects, be it boredom, a need for somethig new, or a falling out among team members of a community project's direction.

So in other words, Megamix not being finished isn't at all surprising to me; it's not to say that Tweaker is incapable of starting a project and carrying it out to completion, merely instead that there's very little incentive to do so in the first place. Either way, the project has come through a set of changes that remain quite impressive, and the design is something that many other games ought to strive to emulate.

14. TheBarAdmin

TheBarAdmin

So... Metal Gear Megamix basically?

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Aside from my point being proven.......I was wondering how long it would take for that riduculous story to be erased. Anyways, I can't wait to play the Megamix ISO. It's been a tradgic story for a great game, but it could have been worse, we could have got nothing, so for that I am thankful. Can anyone possibly say that there have been non-professional hacker teams that have lasted longer than this? And have produced something so wonderful? I don't think so. This will be in the history books within our community forever. I am positive that another team as dedicated as the megamix members will rise and learn from the few mistakes that were made. But until that time, the Megamix Team wins Earth!

16. Fuck, the last version )=

Downloaded it, played it, got through the final boss (Only 1 hit needed? WTF), and got to the ending sequence that was fucked up BADLY.

I love it. Thank you Tweaker, StephenUK, Stealth, and everyone I forget of Team Megamix: Thank you.

Game Over.

Oh and thanks again Tweaker, because of the best bug ever: Getting through walls in act 1 2 AND 3 of Misty Maze =P

PS: And SEGA FUCKING CD? Wow, nobody saw THAT ONE coming =P

17. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    All I have to say about this whole thread thus far: Oh well.

18. Hmmm, interesting. Time to find cheats for the game. *evil grin*

19. Level Select UDLR A+Start

20. Not that kind of cheats. FFFFE0:0001 works fine for that, of course. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.