Sonic 1 Japanese strategy guide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hivebrain, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HiveView
    I need some descriptions of bosses translated, in the hope that I can get something we can use as wiki article titles. I can translate simple words and phrases myself with online translators and Google, but complete sentences often come out slightly garbled.

Green Hill:
    鉄球攻撃をかわしアタック
    [​IMG]

Marble:
    炎攻撃での焼き打ちを回避
    [​IMG]

Spring Yard:
    足場があるうちに倒せ
    [​IMG]

Labyrinth:
    逃げるのか !? エッグマン
    [​IMG]

Star Light:
    シーソーと爆弾でヅャンプ
    [​IMG]

2. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Misfit
    I've taken some liberties with my translations since Japanese is very simplistic and sometimes hard to translate too literally without it sounding completely ridiculous.

Translation for Green Hill:
    “VS EGGMAN – To-and-Fro Metal Ball Attack”

“The last scene of the first zone. It's the first face-off with Eggman. Here, Eggman will attack in his flying machine with a metal ball swinging back and forth like a pendulum. As such, Sonic must attack continuously from the left and right sides from the respective platforms whilst avoiding the swinging metal ball.

When Eggman heads to right side, jump and attack him before dropping to the ground and rushing to the left while the ball is still moving. Jumping onto the left side platform, repeat your attack again. Time your running correctly or it'll get dangerous. The safety zone is just beyond the metal ball's reach. Then, quickly gather the coins when finished.* You can survive in one piece.”

Translation for Marble Zone:
    “Avoid Getting Burned by the Flaming Attack”

Translation for Spring Yard:
    “Defeat Him While You've Still Got A Platform!”

Translation for Labyrinth Zone:
    “Running Away!? Eggman!”

Translation for Star Light Zone:
    “Jumping From Seesaws With Bombs”

* This line was particularly hard to translate. It was kind of muddled, but I did notice the presence of the word “coin” within the line. I can only guess it means to keep some rings on hand just in case, with the author making the mistake of calling the rings, “coins”.

3. Bowser

Bowser

Texas
    Music, Art, Photography, etc
    Well, I could have figured out how to complete those obstacles in the English guide (if I ever needed to know that I needed to jump seasaws with bombs) ..Is there anything in particular that you're hoping to find here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.