don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I was just going by the ring counter. I'm not intimately familiar with HPZ's layout, but do you not have to jump in the level by that point? I didn't notice the Special Stage stars over the lamp post, though. Guess I got my hopes up a bit.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OH MY GOD THAT BOSS. That's amazing =P

3. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Well...that + - Hidden Palace boss   is...something. I'm not completely sure what I'm looking at, or how it relates to the level.

I do hope that it's a level in normal progression, though playing it to earn Super Sonic is a nice idea. If that's how it's done, I'm guaranteed to never play it because the Special Stages in this game blow, and I've heard Special Stage 7 is the definition of bullshit.

4. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    So how long until that spoiler is incorporated into hacks? :specialed:

Seriously, this shit is awesome. It's like there's been a progression of improvement from SCD to S1 to this.

5. That Hidden Palace boss is so Phantom of the Opera, Eggman playing his organ manically down in the catacombs...

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I knew they would use 3D special stages!

Also, Taxman, I see what you did there. Stardust Speedway inspired trumpet AND tubes in that.

8. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Bloody hell, this is beyond amazing. Taxman, Stealth, I fucking love you guys.

I currently have no way of playing this game unfortunately, but my phone contract is due for an upgrade at any time now, so presuming I get an Android or iPhone I won't have to wait TOO long for this...

9. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    What no love for non-mobile? Game ruined. FUCK
    But seriously wow- I wasn't expecting this~

NOW ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY FOR THE DELAY

10. Machenstein

Machenstein

It's going to be weird having two separate locations in Sonic "lore" called Hidden Palace Zone. At least Death Egg Zone in Sonic & Knuckles was the same space station that crashed into Angel Island after Sonic 2. Then again, Angel Island Zone in Sonic Advance seems to take place on the ruins of Sky Sanctuary yet it still shares the name as the jungle area of the island. Maybe the Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 is just an unexplored area of Angel Island's Hidden Palace and Sonic will somehow take a brief visit there during the course of the game.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...or there are just two Hidden Palaces. Really, this isn't confusing.

12. Machenstein

Machenstein

I guess it's not unreasonable to assume Westside Island has its own Hidden Palace. The Japanese Sonic 2 manual gave Westside Island its own history with the Chaos Emeralds, so why not.

13. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Ah, amazing stuff - not only is there a release date, but a reveal of Hidden Palace Zone?! = D + - Complete with an all-new crazy trombonesque boss?  

Definitely getting this, even if I can only run it on Bluestacks. Hopefully one day SEGA will see fit to release native PC/console ports of these versions of the games! Still hoping for that hypothetical collection release one day in the future. = )

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I guessed this was going to happen, what with the large delays and such. I'm glad to see my guess wasn't incorrect, because this is easily among the greatest days of our lives. I'll be buying a copy and convincing all of my coworkers to as well. Thank you Taxman and Stealth, you guys are incredible and I'm so glad we have you two on the inside now.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope I can download it from my phone this time, I still can't even see Sonic 1 in the Google App Store (can only see CD Lite and 4-2 Lite) EDIT: Oops, I can see Sonic 1 after clicking on the "47 more" button, so that problem was indeed fixed. My bad. =P

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Hidden Palace Zone. That's something to look forward to I guess.

17. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Google play doesn't accept paypal? phooey. I don't have a credit card anymore, I can't buy the game :( will have to look how to pay for it without a credit card...

18. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I can just see it. The lead brass in that boss theme in conjunction with Robotnik's brass.

I cannot wait to see what new Easter eggs are included! I can tell that this will be worth the wait! Congrats in advance guys!

19. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Better to think of it as not a place that's called 'Hidden Palace', but simply a level title that states what it is. ie: A Palace, that happens to be Hidden. Which I think is a fair description for a lot of locations. It doesn't have to necessarily mean it's the same one place.

I mean, Buckingham Palace could become a 'Hidden Palace' if you hid it well enough. (Don't think about this analogy too long...)

20. Ravi Singh

Ravi Singh

Los Angeles, CA
    The Snake Soup
    Whoa what--!

Also something tells me that this might not be the biggest surprise.

b-b-but what about muh genocide city zone