Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    More people could use this mentality. There's so much possibility here, yet I've seen people say they'll take Sonic Dash over this. Well.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And here I was thinking "man, it's going to be a shame not to see Stealth participate in this one". =P

Anyway, I guess it's too late for CD now but, since this is being built on the same engine and Sonic 2 is planned already, I'm only asking to please fix the trajectory of the diagonal springs. Sonic should be sent into two different trajectories depending on the player holding forward or not.

There's places in Emerald Hill that seem to be designed around the two kinds of trajectory you can get from these springs, so it might be worth looking into.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    Good good, based off the Japanese box art. I approve.

4. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I agree for one, but this issue is, like, Sonic's 53th Parallel. It's not clear whether speed cap was intentional or not, if it was used intentionally or not etc.

5. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Edge
    Lemme rephrase. SEGA is obviously watching for sales of this new port. But if I already own the older ROM in Emulator version and upgrade to the Retro Engine version, will that count as a +1 sale in SEGA's eyes?

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm actually hoping that if these come to XBLA they are separate versions so the Backbone ones can get taken down.

Also Vintage Collection or something close. :p

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

FML and FU2 Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'd like to see a 3DS release. Playing Sonic games on a touchscreen is just an exercise in futility, and I'm not too keen on sitting in front of my TV to play Sonic 1 and 2 again.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    The reason why Taxman's own PC builds weren't used was because of contracts - Taxman was contracted to provide the mobile version whilst Blit Software was contracted to do the rest, and they used the Retro Engine too.

9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Inb4 copypasta'd Tails sprites in Sonic 1. :rolleyes:

Anyway, heard about this earlier and will probably pick it up for the same reason I picked up SCD: Good native port for my phone.

10. Paraxade

Paraxade

Awesome news. I really hope this makes its way to other platforms, I'm not terribly keen on mobile gaming and I'd love to play this on a console or PC. More Retro Engine remakes are always a good thing though, regardless.

11. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Is Tegra involved in any way to this project?

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yes, we need to know so we can update our sponsorship with NVIDIA so that we can keep delivering exceptional quality speeds for the server and crystal quality for the streams.

Some people will think I'm being serious here, and that saddens me.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And most important, will the consumer ratings/reviews for the crappy ports be carried over for these?

That will make the new ports have comments in the lines of "It sucks and has piss poor emulation" on launch day.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Dragon Team Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Will this be released on consoles too? I think it's very important to not let it mobile-only, specially if this is a sort of callout to make SEGA aware of what us fans want with the games. I wouldn't be happy if this results into a new classic 2D game and it is only for cell phones.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Console ports are almost given on this. These titles were announced at an Android display, so it's not a shock that we only know of their mobile counterparts (sans WP7/8)

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    Typically when an iOS app gets updated, the reviews shown are only for that version, so it shouldn't be plagued with "OMG TEH GAEM SOUNDS LIKE BUTT" comments.

17. Fred

Fred

Formerly known as 'Neo' Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    So do you guys have the art files with the UFOs in them yet, or what?

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Doing Stuff.
    Ooh right this hasn't been touched yet. whats the multiplayer going to be like for Sonic 2?

19. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Edge
    This is something I think we'll hear more about when Sonic 2's port is formally announced by SEGA.

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

has covered wars Member
    I'll buy Sonic 2 day 1 if they put it on 360 or Wii U, no doubt.