don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    We'll blame it on Joakim, the friendly SoA Janitor. He's a loveable tramp, but just tends to inadvertently mess things up for everyone.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It also may not be the best idea to go by when full on games usually release as opposed to their updates...unless that sort of thing also happens on the same day. I really have no true clue.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So... ETA of this game is now sometime before June?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The main thing is that SEGA haven't even properly announced this. It was there at an GDC and they've put it on their press site, but they've sort of not made any fanfare about it yet. They're gonna make at least a little bit of a fuss before they launch it.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I think it'd be better to say "It'll be ready when it's ready." No need to pressure Sega or Team Stealth Tax to rush out a shoddy product. Lord knows Sega's done enough of that.

6. ...I like it!

7. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Someone do a logo, NOW!

8. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    [​IMG]

Spoiler alert: I don't actually know anything about Stealth or Taxman, so I gave it a tie to make him look like a professional tax collector, and a ninja mask to make it look stealthy. The end result looks too much like the TF2 spy, but you win some you lose some :v:

9. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Hats in Sonic 1 confirmed.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, it'll come out when it comes out. I'm not in that huge a rush to replay Sonic 1 :v:

[​IMG]
    Man, can't you see that Joakim's gone through enough lately?

11. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Having remakes like this happening made me wish for other retro games I love to get remakes of this quality, mainly with widescreen support. And then I got very depressed when I realized a classic Mega Man game couldn't work in widescreen without either wasting space, stretching the image horribly, or completely redesigning the game.

12. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    ....Turrican 2 remake anyone?

13. SpeedySpikes

SpeedySpikes

I'm yellow. Don't you judge me.
    Sonic Colours Unity (Primary Developer)
    ...And it's May. Well, unless we hear it from SEGA, I'm not marking my calendar anymore.

I'm still pumped about these re-releases. I like Sonic 1 & 2, and have played them to death, but I would like to see some bonus features, such as time trial, and smooth gameplay. My emulators on iOS are lagging pretty bad, and it's not the iPhone 4's fault!

Taxman and Stealth, you guys rock!!

14. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Didn't know where else to put this- does anyone know where I can download the file to the Sonic 1 iPod Touch 1.2.6v? The new version stopped it working on my iPod :( Same for Sonic 2... I've paid for 'em, just can't use them anymore.

15. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I can't test them, nor do I want to considering the current version of Sonic 1 works fine for me, but a quick Google search produced a few download links. Sonic 2 (v1.2.15) yielded similar results.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

None of 'em work though- that's the first place I went. I can't stand people who ask questions to answers they can easily google.

17. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Just because you own them, doesn't mean the random copy you downloaded online will work on your iPod. Unless your device is Jailbroken, the copy you download online isn't going to work because it wasn't downloaded under your iTunes account. The copy you download (even free apps) is tied to the account that downloaded it.

I realize this might be common sense, but you didn't specify that your device is jailbroken or not. If it's not, you're probably out of luck, unless you happen to have your device backed up to iTunes. There are tools that will let you extract files from an iTunes backup, you might want to go investigate that route if all else fails.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Unless Skyler was just elaborately pulling our legs this morning on FB, it seems that the update is out? Taxman said it breaks Gen 2 compatibility and I don't have the base game as is on my iPod Touch or else I would post with certainty.

If it's out, go get it! Meanwhile I'm going to get CD 2011 off PSN.

19. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Doesn't appear to be out yet. Still looks like the old app on the store (Modern Sonic Art, last update was in November.)

20. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Nope.