Sonic 1, 2, and CD Remake Decompilation

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by jubbalub, Jan 18, 2021.

1. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Fantastic, hopefully 2 gets the same treatment.

2. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Hey, figured I'd ask here. I have the decompilation on my PC, but for some reason I get weird stutters here and there for no reason. I obviously know my computer can run it easily. Is there some background thing that could be messing with it? Or did something mess up when it got recompiled to my PC. If needed, I'll post what the folder for both looks like.

EDIT: I was running off the initial exe from like January. I'll try this new one and if I get the same problem, I'll report back. My bad.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    While I don't think the Mania Tails sprite looks like "shit", it is incongruous with the rest of the original game's artwork. I also don't like all the Sonic the Hedgehog Forever branding, and eye shines added to Sonic's eyes everywhere. This clashes with the original art style of the first game. Also not a huge fan of the new sprites inserted into the menus and so forth. Hoping it grows into something a little more refined.

4. Hez

Hez

Asshole Oldbie
    Hell
    Your mother
    100 percent agree. I should have been more specific, I didn't mean Manias sprites were shit. I meant those edited ones to look like classic sprites do. You said it way better than I did.

5. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I just grabbed all three of these today and played through Sonic 1 and 2 as Sonic.

On Sonic CD I'm having issues with fullscreen where I just get about a 1/3rd size screen in the bottom left corner. I tried playing around with the config settings but can only stretch the width, not the height. If i try switching the window size to 3, it gets bigger but then the bottom half of the game is below the bottom of the screen where you cant see it. Size 4 just gave me a black screen, and size 1 was tiny. So I really dont know what to do other than play it windowed at size 2 with no stretching.

With Sonic 1 and 2 it was different. I just changed fullscreen to true and the size was perfect.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021