Sonic 1, 2, and CD Remake Decompilation

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by jubbalub, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

The game crash when going on a zone in Level Select, leaving the Special Stage, and getting stuck on the Zone's background. Any fix to it?

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

I know I saw the game hang on Zone backgrounds when I was attempting to run with an external scripts folder that wasn't set up right. As in, that seems to be as far as the engine can get when it can't find any scripts.

So, are you trying to run it with external data and/or script folders? If not, then your Data.rsdk file is probably to blame. Seems some of the downloads floating around the internet are dodgy. I remember the first data files I tried for both Sonic 1 and 2 were screwed up in their own ways, but after some searching I found ones that worked.

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So, has anyone fixed these up with proper menus and such yet?

4. we are working on an "alt" branch with new menus to make it look and feel more complete, though we've hit a burn out from doing too much work to quickly, though we do hope to get it finished asap, the pause menu is pretty much finished though, its just the main menus (and an integrated mod loader) we have to finish before its done, the pause menu has been shown off and can be seen here: https://twitter.com/rmg_rich/status/1353873693609492485?s=20

5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Cool! I've waited this long already so I definitely don't mind waiting a little longer to jump in. Looking forward to it.

6. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    Absolutely. You guys take all the time you need. This and the Sonic 1 prototype discovery are my personal "30th anniversary treats", so there's no need to rush it.

7. Hinchy

Hinchy

Up And Down And All Around Oldbie
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I want to make a fangame before I die
    I'd just like to echo the previous posts; you're doing amazing work, and burnout SUCKS! So please take your time and don't overwork yourself; it will be worth the wait. :)