don't click here

Some new Sonic protos

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    <!--quoteo(post=370243:date=Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370243">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If I had to put my money towards one dump though it would be sonic unleashed 360, that game seems like it has a lot of selective things cut or changed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably because the 'finished' result is pretty much a beta itself?

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    <!--quoteo(post=370283:date=Nov 6 2009, 06:07 PM:name=Lostgame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lostgame @ Nov 6 2009, 06:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370283">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=370243:date=Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370243">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If I had to put my money towards one dump though it would be sonic unleashed 360, that game seems like it has a lot of selective things cut or changed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're confusing Sonic Unleashed with Sonic 2006.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=370283:date=Nov 6 2009, 05:07 PM:name=Lostgame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lostgame @ Nov 6 2009, 05:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370283">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=370243:date=Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Nov 6 2009, 08:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370243">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If I had to put my money towards one dump though it would be sonic unleashed 360, that game seems like it has a lot of selective things cut or changed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I found unleashed to be rather well build, just has a few minor problems not related to bad design.

Sonic 2006 though, oooh boy! :psyduck:

4. Sploit

Sploit

If I'd be guaranteed a copy of one sent on a disc that would work in my Wii...then I'd pay towards gettine one of the Wii ones ripped/dumped or whatever... :)

What are the prices for the Wii discs?

My Wii has no mod chip, but it is homebrewed, so maybe if I had a copy of one of the Wii protos, it would play using a homebrew program if there was/is one?

5. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=369595:date=Nov 4 2009, 02:04 PM:name=TimmiT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimmiT @ Nov 4 2009, 02:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369595">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Depending on how old it is, the Sonic Unleashed proto could be very interesting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I heard it's the super secret beta version where they replace all the Werehog levels with new daytime levels.

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    <!--quoteo(post=369549:date=Nov 4 2009, 05:20 PM:name=GerbilSoft)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GerbilSoft @ Nov 4 2009, 05:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369549">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=369492:date=Nov 4 2009, 03:37 AM:name=NeKit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeKit @ Nov 4 2009, 03:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369492">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=369453:date=Nov 4 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Rika Chou)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rika Chou @ Nov 4 2009, 07:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369453">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Though I assume no one can play it without a debug/test unit, right? I don't remember if a modded system would play these things or not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Russian Pirates even translated games, so I think it will.
    Wii prototype discs use a different format than both DVD-ROMs and Wii retail discs, known as "RVT". I've seen some YouTube videos of software hacsk to get RVT discs to run on retail systems, so it may be possible to rip RVTs on a retail Wii using a custom application.

According to <a href="http://debugmo.de/?p=96" target="_blank">http://debugmo.de/?p=96</a> , NR discs (the equivalent of RVTs for GameCube) were exactly the same as retail GameCube discs, except they have a different offset for scrambling the data, plus the data is XOR'd with 0x9. I'd assume that RVT discs use the same method, but this is speculation, since I've never used RVTs.

A friend had a devcube, and everything worked fine, so I dunno, might be worth a shot though, even if it's scrambled, someone will crack it sooner or later.

7. Much interesting, I wonder if there's music differences like the Sonic Heroes' protos.
    I'd like to help drx raise funds to dump the discs, but from here is hard to add funds to PayPal accounts, too high taxes.

8. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=370419:date=Nov 6 2009, 11:33 PM:name=Yash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 6 2009, 11:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370419">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=369595:date=Nov 4 2009, 02:04 PM:name=TimmiT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimmiT @ Nov 4 2009, 02:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=369595">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Depending on how old it is, the Sonic Unleashed proto could be very interesting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I heard it's the super secret beta version where they replace all the Werehog levels with new daytime levels.

:eng101:

Ha, if that was true, I don't think drx would have a problem getting donations for it.

9. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I'd save the cash for when some Genesis Sonic protos come up. At least the games were actually good back then :)

I've got some cash set aside for the next time drx gets something good. Just hope we get news of some of the stuff that was rumored soon.

10. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    The fact that there's a Sonic Unleashed 360 proto makes me wish I had an online payment method so I could donate. I'd get one but I can't... being 13 sucks sometimes :(

It'd be interesting to see what leftovers there are in the game. Specifically, I can't help but wonder if there's any other data for the 'Hydra' boss, seeing as there's next to nothing in the final game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.