don't click here

SNOIC GENERATONS

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Plorpus, May 9, 2012.

Who should Snoic's 3rd rival be?

1. SANIC HEGEHOG

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Bubsy the Bobcat

35 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. 90s Video Game Animal Mascot Death Gauntlet

18 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. Mario

13 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Sonic

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. British Asshole Sonic (Fleetway)

25 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. His own shadow

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    UPDATE: New Trailer!

After the wild success of Snoic 4, I've decided to step things up and make Snoic Generatons, a full-fledged game celebrating the parts of Sonic's history that you'd rather forget, and then some!
    From Splash Hill to Nocturne, there's an assortment of nostalgic levels that everyone will be sure to love!
    Snoic and Modern Snoic have been sucked into a blank time-space rift thing by a mysterious foe, and must race through the levels it contains to drain them of their life and color, and rescue friends you never asked for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jces2tk5g_w

Features:
    • 10 zones, with both modern and classic acts
    • 3 rivals
    • 3 horrific bosses
    • selectively-voiced cutscenes
    • unlockable "concept art"
    • American and Mexican language options
    • the boost meter and the terrible power it contains.
    • an amazing soundtrack
    • possibly multiplayer minigames
    • more minecart
    • Knuckles raps
    • physics
    • an entire episode of the hit 90's sitcom, Family Matters
    (I swear only one of the above is a lie.)

So there you have it. Feel free to offer any thoughts or suggestions!

EDIT: I've decided to let the public vote on who Snoic's 3rd Rival should be! Whichever gets the most votes before some arbitrary date that I will decide on later and then not tell anyone about because I am a jerk will make it into the game! Now get voting or get dying! Poll over, Bubsy win

ANOTHER EDIT: HEY LOOK A DEMO
    This demo is pretty small. It's got the modern version of Splash Hill and part of the classic version of TV Zone. Also included is ZEIT ATTACKEN MODE! How much ZEIT does it take you to beat each level?

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    OH GOD. I love ridiculous, meta games like this, such as Burn the Rope and Passage and whatnot. This looks delightful, and I can't wait to play it.

3. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    [​IMG]

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    OMG THIS GAEM SO MUCH BETER THAN SEGA! SONIC 4 SUX BLAH BLAH TAXMAN

5. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Please finish this.

Oh god please. I hope we get a SANIK boss fight.

6. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    You will definitely be pleased with this game.

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Aww man! I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Summer ehh? It's summer now ! Isn't it ?!

8. gold lightning

gold lightning

This is truly Sonic Generatons as I never imagined it. :v:

9. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    A game god never intended to exist, this is truly a grand feat of love and human spirit. Hope it comes out soon.

Also I yelled WHAT when I saw Titan Tails, just...wow.

10. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Let me rephrase that: Later this summer.
    I need to finish it soon so I can move on to working on my actual game portfolio, but... It's so fun to work on that I keep adding things.

11. mitaknight

mitaknight

Pending Member
    Gangnam
    Mashup the Hedgehog
    WHERE IS SANIC AND THE TRIBES ASCEND LEVEL.

12. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Day 1 download.

13. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    Best sonic game ever.

14. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I too am looking forward to that feature.

+ - Obviously, the "physics" feature is a lie.  

15. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I've had mixed reactions on a certain rival battle, so I've decided to let you guys decide who you'll be fighting since I haven't made it yet anyway. I added a poll to the OP.

16. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    You know what, nevermind, I'm just feeling a little SHARKY today. Carry on.

17. Just seeing that stupid 3D animation of Sonic and the Angry Birds in the video makes me excited. Please, make this.

18. Chaos Fusion

Chaos Fusion

Null
    Despite voting the appropriate Boss Poll, I can happily say that this will be one of the most epic fangames ever. What other lost zones are you going to include? Sonic R levels? Levels from Sonic Blast?

19. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Well, I don't want to ruin all of the surprises but I will list a hand-full of levels:

SPLASH HILL ZONE - A beautiful coastal area filled with rolling hills speed boosters and an everlasting feeling of summer shit, Splash Hill Zone is the embodiment of an adventurous paradise. As Sonic races through the smooth slopes and crisp rivers flat terrain and homing attack chains, he will also witness a spectacular sunset view from the top of the hills gradient background.

SONIC'S SCHOOLHOUSE ZONE - Get ready to be schooled! Much like the actual Sonic's Schoolhouse that you I played as a child, you'll find chalkboards with important words on them, colorful balloons with pictures of inanimate objects on them, decorative art, seizure-inducing walls and much more. (Though if you haven't played Sonic's Schoolhouse, the level may lose some of its charm...)

END OF THE WORLD ZONE - From the wildly successful 2006 installment of the Sonic franchise comes the End of the World! You'll die just as much as (if not more than) the original level, but that's ok because Snoic doesn't need lives! Enemies include orange things, giant spheres of instant death, bottomless pits, and perhaps a certain automobile. Contains a hand-drawn, fully-voiced cutscene featuring the ever-popular Princess Elise character.

PUMPKIN HILL ZONE - Awwww shit! Hope you dawgs like emerald hunting!

TV ZONE - No matter what your favorite animated Sonic feature is, it will be represented in this amazing zone! Especially if it's Sonic Underground. I hope you fucking love Sonic Underground.

There are 5 other zones, some of which are shown in the trailer, and some of which I haven't finished yet.
    I'll have a demo out soon.

ALSO: In light of Sonic 4 Episode 2's apparently useless red rings, I have decided to include a red ring in every level. Collect them all and something will ACTUALLY happen.

20. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Best bit is that bit of gameplay shown of a game.com level still most likely plays better than Sonic Jam on the game.com did. :P