don't click here

Snake MD

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Selbi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Today I was browsing through my old disassemblies again and found the project folder of Snake MD, my first ever attempt to create a homebrew Mega Drive/Genesis game (meaning it's incredibly mediocre, so don't expect the overkiller of MD games here). I've started working on this project back in last year's October and lost more and more interest over time, until I completely abandoned it in December.

Seeing that after more than half a year I still haven't continued working on this thing, it's pretty safe to say that it's never going to happen. Not to mention, the reason why I stopped working on this project in the first place was the fact that I made so many mistakes (in fact, the entire engine is one single mistake) that I'd need to rebuild it from scratch anyway.

So, rather than letting this thing rot on my hard drive forever, I've decided to release the ROM and the Source as they are, in the unlikely case that someone cares enough to continue working on it.

[​IMG]

Standalone ROM

Source

Thanks to MarkeyJester, who created the Snake graphics and helped me setting up the basic source. Not sure if anyone else deserves credits, it's been such a long time since I've worked on this thing. :v:

2. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    Is the game supposed to end at 99 ?

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    No, but as I said, I made a big amount of mistakes and terrible design choices. One of these was making the score counter only two digits, so instead of making it glitch at 100+ points, I've simply made the game freeze.

Of course, this would be a simple fix with some time, but as I said, I no longer care about this project.