don't click here

Small Classic Sonic, Tails & Knuckles figurines

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So, in my last trip to Paris I found some sligthly bigger than 2 inches tall figurines of classic Sonic, Tails & Knuckles all over the Game shops and import stores. They seem to have been made by the same company than the known statues, but I haven't seen them announced anywhere on the internet (besides one single eBay account from France).
    [​IMG]
    They're awesome, and not too expensive. So I was wondering, are these a France-exclusive deal or something?

I'm so glad I managed to find one of these. And a complete Japanese Dynamite Headdy. =P

2. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    I'm like how he's posing. Maybe it's not an exclusive, and they yet to have enough stock for selling the figurines. Because these would sell like hotcakes.

Oh, mind showing the Headdy figurine? :v:

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Not a figurine, but the Mega Drive game with box, instructions and the advertisements and card it originally came with.

I so wish there were actual figurines of Headdy, but I don't think that will happen anytime. =\

4. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    Oh, well that's good too. People are bound to sell eventually..

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh wow, that figurine is really nice. Care to take more shots of it? :D

6. nullaccnt

nullaccnt

From what I know so far they are currently only available in Europe.

7. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I'm pretty sure that First4Figures sent out e-mails about these figures to people on their mailing list several weeks ago. One of my friends showed me some images of them back then.

8. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    The U.S. is supposed to get those too, but Europe got them first. Here's some pictures:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Even for that quality, I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay 8 USD for what's esentially a gashapon figure. Yes, they're 8 bucks each. Oh well, I'll probably buy them anyway.

9. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Oh wow, those look pretty amazing considering that at the TRU here the only figures they have are the Werehog and Sonic's SatBK figure.

Personally, it makes me wonder if Sega's actually thinking about using the Classic design for Needlemouse - especially since, in the only video of it we have, Sonic's face and thus design are hidden. They did the same thing when they switched to "Generic Sonic", so... Yeah.

[/wishfulthinking]

10. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Nonetheless, those figures look to be of very high quality. I'd buy them. :v:

11. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Tails and Knuckles' eyes are too small and Knuckles' muzzle is too big, but they still look great despite. Sonic is basically perfect on there, which is more than you could say about most figures! I'd gladly get them if I could!

12. Machenstein

Machenstein

Seriously? If so, does the image still exist? I want to see how they covered it up back then.

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I believe he's referring to the image showing only Sonic's eyes and teeth. The rest is black.

Edit: on this page. (No hotlinking on the image)

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Those seem to be prototypes, seeing how the paint job in the eyes looks different. Here's some more pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm getting all 3 for Christmas from my brother. They cost £3.99 each in Game and/or Gamestation and my brother didn't have a lot to spend on me, so he bought me them.

I had a quick look while in Game and they do look really close to the original, with a retro feel on the packaging design as well. Tails' face does look a little odd though, a bit more cutesy than I remember.

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I have them all, and bought them at a GAME store. They are fantastic. Also bought there the three big classic sonic figurines from first4figures.

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Bah, why am I always the last to know about these things, and how comes I never have money for one, man that sucks arse.

Those are pretty cool though (you might even say they're old school cool =P).

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    WAAAAAAAAAAAANT. I NEED these figures, Sonic looks fantastic.

+ - He better look this good in Project Needlemouse.  

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I posted a play.com link to the sonic model in the other thread about metal sonic, but I did see them in person while around town last week (In the UK) for £3.99 each, I like how they are the classic style and may have to go buy some next time.

It's by the same people who made the classic sonic, tails, knuckles and rare eggman plushies in the same style also which came out a few years ago in the UK.

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Wait, what? I've been checking first4figures.com on a regular basis and the only statue which is being sold is still the 12" Sonic one... Am I looking in the wrong place? I thought the other two weren't available yet, but I seriously want to complete the series since I have a very low product number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.