don't click here

Shadow in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by FeliciaVal, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I thought I sorted that o.O Lemme take a quick look

2. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    sadly for now that's right :( neither me and friend know how we can fix it...

EDIT: jimmy was faster than me xD well, we'll try to fix it soon

3. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    This hack was very nicely made. Just out of curiosity, exactly what sprite editing tool(s) did you use?

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I hope the next release focuses on colors cause some of the colors look pretty off. Redraw some if possible. Grey springs and brownish bubbles? Looks kinda gross swallowing a muddy air bubble. Also, grey Crabmeats.

5. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Mystical Ninja: thanks, I used mostly SonMapED and Photoshop

MathUser: Yes, I'll try once I learn to change colours properly, right now im having a bit of trouble with them, Jimmy was the one that usually took care of the colours. Also I don't know about the grey springs...I tried changing the red springs into red again but made the yellow springs to change colour on every stage so im not sure how to change that yet. Pallettes are not really my thing

6. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Might I suggest, if you do put in a walljump, tweaking it to be more like a Triangle Jump to give it a bit of a twist compared to other Sonic hack walljumps? Though it might be harder or make it less useful... I imagine him sticking to a wall if you jump dash into it for a few seconds, and jumping at an angle up/down or straight opposite way when you press jump, perhaps with a non-spinning jump sprite for rule of cool(or, alternatively, a slight challenge as it may or may not count as an attack, getting you hurt?)

Also, instead of guns I think a Chaos Spear would be more interesting. It was in both SA2 and his own game at points, doesn't require any thought of taping a gun to his sprites when he can use it, and could reuse the rings palette(perhaps even using up rings instead of bullets).

... I admit that I've put thought into a tweaked non-Megamix 2D Shadow moveset before, yes. While I know everyone's probably said it already I also love the title sprite.

Lastly, the damn fourth Chaos Emerald should be the hardest to get.

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Thank you for your comment and suggestion.
    Mmmm yes, the walljump is a good idea but I don't know how to program is like that yet, so I'll just have to use what I have in my hands right now, and as for the Chaos Spear I agree, it would be better than a gun, also it would be cool if we can make him shoot Chaos Spears after he gets a chaos emerald or something but sadly right now my knowledge is far beyond from doing so :P

hohoho...you just gave me an idea XD perhaps I can edit the 4th special stage just to make it insanely difficult XD

8. MathUser

MathUser

Maybe make it mazelike as Shadow says that cause he can't find the 4th chaos emerald, not because the stage it's in is difficult.

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    actually I was thinking on copying Sonic 4's 4th special stage... :P I don't know yet, I'll have to think on a complicated design later on

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Are you thinking of adding super?

11. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    thought about it, but no idea how I would do it

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Hannoch had a guide a couple years back that I remember...no idea if it's still widely available or not

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This is looking awesome so far. I hope you manage to get the mentioned bugs fixed (though pallette problems always happen so don't worry too much about that).

Nice to have someone else joining in the 'such and such in Sonic 1' craze. :D

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    thx ^^U

15. MathUser

MathUser

16. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    thx for that but with just a simple rom I can't really tell how to program such a hard thing like that

17. MathUser

MathUser

Nope, there are some flaws that Puto isn't proud of so the best I could do is upload the file.

18. Well shit, I guess I was a bit far in being late on this hack. :v:

Ah well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show my video of this great hack...if you don't mind.

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Just adding... The HUD would be yellow again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.