don't click here

SFGHQ to make an announcement

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Skyler, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    http://sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?p=142448 theres a bit more to it then just that. Details got out a little quicker than expected but we outlined a lot of the more finer details.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    That one was better. Too bad I won't have anything this year :\

Well, unless I spend hours on end working for a demo.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Whoever did that Eggman VA did an good job of mimicking Mike Pollock of course with the distortion effects I couldn't really tell for sure.

So now SAGE 2011 is RAGE 2011 now? (Fits better Then EAGE)

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDBhBFfBns[/youtube]

I must say, this trailer for the hacking contest certainly rapes the SAGE 2010 trailer. Hopefully the trailer for fangames will be around the same quality. Good job to whoever made the trailer.

5. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Heh, no, RAGE is a totally different thing (not really large enough to call an event) where people make deliberately awful games just for the silly of it. One of my favorites is this one where all the graphics are made in MSPaint and all the sounds and music are a Capella.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Thankfully there is no hack like Sonic Gijinka.

The original intention for a Hacking Contest trailer was that I was going to be working on one, except my laptop charger broke and the desktops I'm using aren't capable of handling Sony Vegas or any decent video editing package. Mine would have been basic and pretty similar to that SAGE 2010 trailer in a few aspects. Luckily I managed to get someone to work on a trailer for the contest and the end result was beyond my expectations. Really good work.

So if you needed some sort of backstory, you just got one now!

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Not going to lie though (and no offense to anyones work), none of those hacks showcased were appealing at all to me besides sonic 2 heroes. Maybe they picked the wrong spots to record the hacks? Meh...I be trollin.

8. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Huh. The only one in that trailer that doesn't interest me very much is the 30 day challenge, but even then is has a pretty color pallet.