SegaWorld Birmingham, Tamworth, Wolverhampton

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

2. Ted618

Ted618

That apparent early Trocadero venue could easily have just been lost to history, but at the same time, it's odd that the only mentions of it we have are from a couple of magazines (one of which referring to it still being planned), which casts some doubt upon it. If it really was a thing, it must've been very short-lived, or some sort of brief, unpublicised location test. I'm thinking something along the lines of Sega having a small concession area in the Funland arcade under their own branding, where they tested yet to be released machines of theirs.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

staying alert on the beach Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, England
    quipu two metres apart
    There are a few arcade trade publications that should cast some light on location testing and the like, although Sega World Bounemouth seems to have been the default choice (between it opening and SegaWorld London, of course).

4. Ted618

Ted618

Another UK Sega venue that seems to have been almost entirely lost, Havant:

https://www.britaine.co.uk/sega-uk-ltd-F120EC8071DD646

Can't have been there for very long at all- the only other mentions of it I can find are a few Facebook posts recounting it being there.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HiveView
  6. Overlord

Overlord

Aros gartref, diogelu'r GIG, achub bywydau Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    It was, yes. By sheer chance, I went to Southampton University for a look around when I was deciding what uni to apply for (Southampton ended up being my #3 choice, so I didn't go) but I DO remember seeing a Sega Park while we went shopping afterwards. Having checked my diaries this would have been on Wednesday the 19th of February 2003, next door to a local second hand games shop that I got a few bits from.

I don't remember much about the place beyond a Sega Park logo, a fancy carpet (possibly the Sonic one UK:R put up all that time ago? I can't remember) and it not being that big - a couple of dozen machines, not a lot beyond that.

7. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HiveView
  8. Overlord

Overlord

Aros gartref, diogelu'r GIG, achub bywydau Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Oh, derp. I saw Havant and assumed it was Southampton given the relative geographical closeness, ignore me.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

staying alert on the beach Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, England
    quipu two metres apart
  10. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon