don't click here

Sega ZONE

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Feb 1, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Zone, a company who made a cheap imitation console of the Wii, has repackaged the system's cheap Wii games with Sega Genesis games.

It also has a Genesis cart slot to play all your other Genesis games. Coming this summer...

Link

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Lemme guess, BR?

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Damn I just got back on SR, and saw this on the homepage. At first before I read the article, I thought it was a legit new Sega home console, and not another plug n play game. D: But it still looks pretty damn awesome. I guess the day that Sega makes a new system will be the day pigs fly. D:

4. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Most likely it doesn't have the YM2162 sound chip so the games are going to sound terrible.

5. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

It seems to me, judging from the menu screen, more like the A-Games Hardware is being used all over again! :/ You know, the crappy Hardware that has STILL after millions of re-releases (I'm not going to say "revisions" because they clearly haven't changed a single code line in the emulator) the same shittyass sound emulation it always had!

Wireless Remot or not, not going to buy it, as cool as it looks, the innerts are probably rotten! The only reason for me to buy it would be when it had a online store or something similar, that would be cool at least, but no, it doesn't seem to have that, not interested!

I would much likelier waste my money on the portable Retrogen than on this, I already have 2 Mega Drives and one Genesis, no need for another stationary console at least on my end! Even though the Retrogen is the Craptacular A-Games Hardware with Shitsound galore, at least its portable AND it has a Cartridge Slot, so this is much more useful to me than this thing. But anyway, I'm not buying ANY of those at the moment, I have my Genny, thats enough for right now! :3

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
  7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Huh? I wonder if it includes 32x games or something.

8. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Has the artist found out about this yet? Could lead to some problems, especially if the artist found out. :ssh:

I wonder if the 32 bit graphics note relate to the motion-sensing sports games?

9. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I'd love to give those shit heads a piece of my mind for always forgetting the YM2612 chip. Anybody got their e-mail address?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Pirates? It says Officially Licensed on the box =P

Shame to hear it'll be the same sound hardware yet AGAIN though. Would it really kill them to just steal the code from Gens or something? At least that would be more accurate. Yes, this is probably against the GPL but having said that, isn't the sound core of Gens ANYWAY?

11. Impish

Impish

My Megadrive has been broken for years, I might get this, just for the fact that that its slightly more than just a clone, and I need something to play my cartridges on.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No, only tectoy makes sega-related things here =P.

13. Flygon

Flygon

It means they've figured out enough rastering to do more then 256 colours on screen at once. :specialed:

14. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Why didn't SEGA make this themselves with fresh, new Genesis carts?

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to mould a Genesis cart into the shape of the Wii?

16. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Majesco Sales was manufacturing the Genesis 3, game gear, and select game titles for Toys 'R Us last time I checked, but this was like 7 years ago.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    The artist used a trademark character and copyrighted logo in his artwork. Legally speaking, sega has every right to take it.

Also, they release all this new genesis hardware but no new carts or games? Come on it's an easy opportunity to make a market for new retro releases. Burn new carts of classic games and start selling them in stores again.

18. mdawgmike

mdawgmike

I, too, am very disappointed at what this turned out to be. What I thought was going to be a Genesis 2.0 made by Sega ends up being yet another clone...only with the Sega seal of approval :(. It's a shame SEGA is defiling themselves further by allowing their name to be slapped on this. I guess I just don't understand why SEGA wouldn't make it themselves using the actual hardware. Are the original components THAT hard to come by?

How about this:

Original Genesis hardware
    Built in 32x and SegaCD game support
    All the titles developed by SEGA built in
    Remote motion functionality coded in for said titles, with some capability for the user to add it to other titles

Now that would be ballin'

Not what they plan to release though. It's a shame the innards are so crappy, because this thing otherwise looks so damn slick!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Hopefully this will have a better sound chip, that was a major turnoff for the RetroGen. Also, it'd b cool if this was actually, you know, ADVERTISED?