don't click here

Sega Saturn and Maybe Dreamcast Emulation

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by The Game Collector, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Well, in my experience, I have a crappy old "Intel Dual Core E2140" which default clocks are 1.6ghz, and right now Its at 2.8ghz each core (Overclocking FTW.) at 40ยบ temps at 100% of ussage (With a nice CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Cooler), along with an ATI Radeon HD4670 which has 512mb of video memory and I can emulate some Wii titles, almost every Gamecube game, and NDS, Dreamcast, Saturn without a problem, but I must warn you that some emulators while they are compatible with lot of games (For example, No&gba for DS, Nulldc for Dreamcast) suck at speed and its not a problem of your pc, but of the emulator itself. Nulldc is choppy even on an Intel i7 processor.

I recommend using Makaron or Demul (At least they are pretty active) and they started emulating Naomi 2 and Atomiswave a while ago. They may be a little slow on some games though...but Mostly because its very wip.

About Saturn Emulation... SFF is the best out there to me, because perfect speeds. I was playing Sonic Jam the other day and not even a slowdown in Sonic World...neither while playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but we know they are ports after all.

2. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    The SSF readme specifically states that you should run from mounted cd images instead of real cds to avoid emulation bugs. (ex. Nights locks up before the boss on a real cd on some drives)