don't click here

Sega released two PS1 games, planned Saturn ports also...

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by MathUser, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery

NEW GAMES

You can't beat them

Games from the Sega Saturn are returning to the PlayStation 1.

The most discussed news from last month, that Sega decided to screw the Dreamcast and instead concentrate on game development, brought a very interesting message to PlayStation 1 owners – perhaps the best games of the Saturn will appear on their console.

In this new developer role, called „third-party“, Sega signs contracts on all sides. But none is as important and interesting as the one with Sony. Besides offering ports of Dreamcast games to the PS2 (games like Crazy Taxi) and plans concerning the PS2 network, Sony is speculating about other potential advatages of their new co-operation with Sega.

On a recent press conference in Tokyo, a quote by SCEI Masatsuka Sakei was recorded, commenting the plans: „We have interest in Sega's plans, as they want to port classic Saturn titles to the PlayStation. Quality titles for the PlayStation are especially welcome in North America and Europe, and these old titles are, at the same time, not very fitting for the new PlayStation 2. I think this was the right decision.“

Sega isn't telling much about their new positions so far, although Charles Ballfield from the American branch claims: „Shining Force III (Saturn title) is a perfect example of a title, that, in our opinion, should be doing well on the PS1.“ If we can believe these words, we can bet that soon enough we can throw games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sega Touring Car Championship from the shelves of stores into our carts. Be on guard.

IF I WAS THE RULER OF THE WORLD

...I would like to see these Saturn games on the PS1:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sega Rally Championship

Virtua Fighter 4

Virtua Fighter Megamix

Nights

Panzer Dragoons

Panzer Dragoons Saga

Radiant Silvergun

The Saturn is coming back:

After signing the contract of co-operation between Sony and Sega, maybe we can anticipate classic Saturn titles like Sonic (up/top) and Sega Touring Car Championship (far left).

-----

It's Czech. And you're welcome.

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I guess you missed this, someone already translated the article. But thanks for the effort anyway.

3. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    -headdesk-
    I'm freaking stoopid. So much for my comeback.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Wouldn't believe everything read in '90s videogame rags. I can remember reading that Metal Gear Solid was Saturn-bound (this was actually in the official Sega Saturn Magazine here in UK) and several times (in PlayStation magazines) that Virtua Fighter 2 was coming out for PlayStation.

Well, it was so much better than Tekken. I can't blame them for wishing hard.

5. Gaming mags were full of unsubstantiated bullcrap in retrospect.

Even Nintendo Power is guilty. The complete failure to release a BS Zelda Gamepak version in spite of their teasing of it taunts me to this date.