don't click here

Sega people say Sega things on Twitter

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ted618, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

If I'm understanding this right apparently the Tornado was going to have a transformation in Sonic after getting shot down?

Seems like someone asked him if the idea was reused for Sonic Adventure and his response was:

He later responded to Yasuhara where he mentioned a vague description:

(Using DeepL for the translations)

Wild that the idea of transforming the Tornado after getting shot came up twice in the franchise. Though, if it is true that he left a data disk then I don't see why Sonic Team couldn't have acquired it and reused it for Adventure.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

shaving is boring Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
    Yes it's from 2020, but nobody added it to the wiki:
    https://twitter.com/VGDensetsu/status/1310503324530114560

This is Osamu Muto revealing some of the cover art he produced for Sega. These kinds of posts are really important - this is a job rarely credited in games, but you need to let us know they exist!

[​IMG]

It's also confirmation that hiding Sonic's head on the cover of Pepenga Pengo was absolutely intentional. I thought this was a fan edit first time I saw it all those years ago.

p.s. I don't know if Pengo being blue is a result of that other penguin topic I raised the other day, but the original Pengo pre-dates those commercials.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Fascinating. Guess we can add "transforming Tornado" to the list of Adventure-era shonen elements that were meant to be in the original games.

Eh. It couldn't have been any more ridiculous than this :V

Anyone up for drawing a transformed Tornado based on Totoya's description?