don't click here

Sega people say Sega things on Twitter

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ted618, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

If I'm understanding this right apparently the Tornado was going to have a transformation in Sonic after getting shot down?

Seems like someone asked him if the idea was reused for Sonic Adventure and his response was:

He later responded to Yasuhara where he mentioned a vague description:

(Using DeepL for the translations)

Wild that the idea of transforming the Tornado after getting shot came up twice in the franchise. Though, if it is true that he left a data disk then I don't see why Sonic Team couldn't have acquired it and reused it for Adventure.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

often the real thing™ Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    It's wiki time. There's no need to be afraid.
    Yes it's from 2020, but nobody added it to the wiki:
    https://twitter.com/VGDensetsu/status/1310503324530114560

This is Osamu Muto revealing some of the cover art he produced for Sega. These kinds of posts are really important - this is a job rarely credited in games, but you need to let us know they exist!

[​IMG]

It's also confirmation that hiding Sonic's head on the cover of Pepenga Pengo was absolutely intentional. I thought this was a fan edit first time I saw it all those years ago.

p.s. I don't know if Pengo being blue is a result of that other penguin topic I raised the other day, but the original Pengo pre-dates those commercials.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Fascinating. Guess we can add "transforming Tornado" to the list of Adventure-era shonen elements that were meant to be in the original games.

Eh. It couldn't have been any more ridiculous than this :V

Anyone up for drawing a transformed Tornado based on Totoya's description?

4. charcoal

charcoal

5. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    What makes that a "shonen element"?

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Transforming vehicles are a common trend in action/shonen anime and manga, particularly in the mecha genre.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    So it's a "mecha element", then.

8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I'm no expert, but I believe mecha is traditionally considered a "shonen" genre.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    While there are plenty of mecha works which are aimed at young boys, I don't think that would make mecha a thing specifically for young boys.

Regardless, Sonic is an IP that targets young boys. So, it seems pretty unremarkable that it would always have had "shonen elements" ("shonen" being the "young boys" demographic, rather than any sort of genre).

10. charcoal

charcoal

According to Morio Kishimoto, the full potential of the Open Zone (aka Sonic Frontiers' open worlds) is still untapped. I'm curious as to see what he will consider to be the Open Zone at it's fullest potential, because Frontiers already provides a very solid foundation for the series going forward. I can't help but wonder what's next.
    Also, Morio Kishimoto lives with 8 cats! I think it's cute that he loves his cats so much.