Sega people say Sega things on Twitter

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ted618, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Ted618

Ted618

As previously mooted elsewhere, a thread for any notable stuff that Sega people, whether still working with them or not, have came out with on Twitter. A fair bit related to the company is indeed posted on there, and a lot has probably still flown under the radar of most - both can go here upon discovery, though quite how they can be documented and referenced on Retro besides external archives is another matter.

For a new example of the former, Masato Nishimura has just recently put up some photos of Sega's former second HQ building, alongside one or two others. No real top secret revelations or anything, but there is one of the old human-sized Temjin statues which used to crop up in some places, and a snap of something I certainly haven't seen before - an offbeat version of this Norman Rockwell piece, altered to feature US Sonic 3 art:
    [​IMG]
    Mazin's thread has also prompted AM3/Rosso alumni Kenji Sasaki to recount an amusing old legend about the Sega logo marked into the ground outside having its own dedicated security cameras, presumably alerting top brass in the event of it being stepped on or damaged (?).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Gryson

Gryson

I might put it: There was an urban legend that Sega was secretly filming that giant Sega logo on the ground, and if any employees walked on it, they'd get in trouble. (dear internet: this is a joke, please don't put it on wikipedia)

Here's an old one I came across recently from Yuzo Koshiro: When Ancient began work on Bare Knuckle II, Sega president Nakayama told him to make a game that would surpass Street Fighter II. Setting the bar high...!

It would be cool to have a list of "who's who" on Twitter.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

shaving is boring Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
  4. We have full credits for Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Loadstar, so there's an epic trolling opportunity for someone to create a page linking to Elon Musk's Twitter account.

5. Ted618

Ted618

Categorising the links to their accounts and generating one big compendium of them is all fine and well, but have been thinking more about finding a place for posts with info that can't really be found anywhere else right now - e.g. these further tweets by Masato Nishimura and a few others bringing up some early CS1/2/3 team production credits.

If they delete their accounts and posts, or when Twitter inevitably implodes in the future, where else could these be accessible to reference but places like the Internet Archive, GDRI, and (hopefully) Retro?

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'll say it again, but I believe every single tweet by every single account even associated with Sega should be backed up using archive.today and (I guess) the Wayback Machine (It archives Twitter weirdly but WILL save videos unlike archive).

i.e. SAVE. EVERYTHING. ALWAYS.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

shaving is boring Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
    And make a note on the wiki somewhere. If you're not using the link as a refence, put it on Sega Retro:Todo so it doesn't get lost.

It is physically impossible for me to keep on top of everything, so work together an ting