don't click here

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub (PC/Steam)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I was under the impression Pier Solar doesn't work in the vast majority of emulators, due to it being 8MB with some sort of mapper system.

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    It uses bank switching, yeah. The bank switching mechanism is actually outlined by Sega, however. If the emulator supports Super Street Fighter II, it should also support Pier Solar.

3. MartiusR

MartiusR

Little reminder (if someone is interested) - last 24 hours to buy Bundlestars Pick&Mix bundle with games for MD Classic Hub on Steam.

4. Lorenzo The Comic

Lorenzo The Comic

Yeah, it's really annoying how other people have been uploading other Genesis games as mods. There's even a group dedicated to wanting these things taken down.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So I guess the Steam Workshop is actually being moderated now. All commercial games have been removed.

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    and About time too. It was starting to get out of hand.

7. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Things aren't all good, though. I brought this guy up a while ago on SSRG, unsure of if he was 'stealing' ROMs, or somehow mass-contacting the authors. Today, I noticed one of MainMemory's hacks, and asked him if this Solo Sonic guy ever approached him about uploading it. He says he wasn't. I think it's a safe assumption that the authors of the other 46 hacks didn't give permission, either.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Unless it's mentioned in the description, it's safe to assume that the uploader didn't get permission to upload the hacks.

9. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Thank god. I looked at the list and most of the pirates/homebrews/unrelated games are gone. I'm glad Sega finally realized there's a problem. I got tired of flagging hacks. So tiresome.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems like either Sega or Valve is suddenly banning legit rom hacks that were uploaded by their original creators on the Workshop. So far affected hacks include:

Sonic 3 Complete
    Sonic Classic Heroes
    Metal Sonic Hyperdrive
    Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles
    Mobius Evolution
    Somari the Adventurer

11. Sonic 2 XL was impacted too. It's really frustrating, since it's all I really have to contribute right now, and it made me very happy to see it on Steam.

I sent a support message regarding the removal, hopefully they can help me. I was working on a new hack specifically to upload to Steam, but if I run the risk of it being removed then what's the point?

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I suspect this may be a revenge move by pirates mass flagging legit hacks/mods

13. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    Sonic 1 boomed got taken down as well

Edit: there goes half of my hacks

14. Update: Sonic 2 XL was reviewed and the ban was lifted! Just contact Steam Support and they will take care of it

15. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    [​IMG]
    I guess one needs to be lucky with that.

16. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Yeah, Steam support is very iffy. Sometimes you'll get a real person, or a bot.

It's been an issue ever since Steam existed. I would try as well for one of my uploads, but I don't feel it's worth it to be honest.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    And here I thought Sonic ERaZor was a special case. At first I thought it was about copyright infringements due to my usage of Mega Man songs, but that has been debunked by simply looking over the list of hacks that got banned. When even Knuckles in Sonic 1 gets the finger, a hack that contains no external content outside of Sega's stuff whatsoever, chances are it's not Sega who's behind this, but rather Steam itself.

My call is on mass-flagging.

19. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS
    If all your peoples hacks are banned for whatever reason... Why not MT? You could easily argue I infringe on many things but its just fine? Ok then SEGA/Steam.

20. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    SCH is back now. Contacting Steam support was a rather pleasant experience for this.