don't click here

SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Orengefox, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    While there isn't an awful lot you could talk about this, it's still worth noting as we don't have any record of this on Retro's wiki database. That and it makes itself known to other enthusiasts who may not have heard or seen this before.

[​IMG]

The SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge. Just by looking at all the pictures out there of this cart, you can see these would have started circulating in 1993-1994. Looks quite ahead of it's time when you've got things like the Tototek MD-Pro Flash Cart these days. Qjimbo noted back in 2005 [Here] how he was in contact with Cirtech (UK) Ltd; asking them about the Re-Programmable Flash Carts in which they replied...

Judging from what was said [Here], it should boot onto a normal Mega Drive just fine. So if it's not booting, it's more than likely blank as this person [Here] was trying to find out for certain. ASSEMbler [Here] claims he saw the special flash writer for this cart (giving a brief description of it) on eBay back in 2009 and sold for around $200.

Various Articles:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    VGCollect Information
    eBay Listing 1
    eBay Listing 2

Various Pictures:
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 1]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 2]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 3]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 4]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 5]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 6]
    SEGA Mega Drive Cirtech (UK) Ltd Re-Programmable Flash Cartridge [Picture 7]

One last thing and slightly off topic. The eBay seller who sold off the Prince of Persia Cirtech cart [Here] was saying to me how his friend was the one who salvaged the cart at the time of when he was working for Titus Software (he gave me permission to talk about that). The seller knew for a fact that Titus Software didn't publish any Megadrive games. So unless he's BSing, I do have to wonder how his friend managed to get the cart considering Prince of Persia was published by Domark Software? Anyway, that's all from me.