don't click here

SEGA Forever: Streets of Rage (iOS/Android)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by caffeinedreamer, Dec 6, 2017.

1. caffeinedreamer

caffeinedreamer

London, United Kingdom
    SEGA Forever
    Hello again!

I'm the community manager handling SEGA Forever amongst other SEGA mobile titles. We've just added Streets of Rage to the SEGA Forever catalogue, so I thought you might like some codes for the ad-free version.

[​IMG]

Download: iOS / Android

iOS (Worldwide) [redeem from the App Store]
    KNWK4NTHRK6E
    JEKP749ATWA9
    W7AKLJRF6KRL
    N6H6RX3MF4Y6
    XWRFJTNRTTA6
    EWTPAN97X6AE

Android (Worldwide) [redeem from the purchase dialogue in-game]
    8JGBHLPTUAQN80G9X8F97N5
    1HSZY3YZLEMQAPKJP3PVHB3
    SJPM3CGE844QH77209Q3EDY
    9AK10URBTMXXHTMBRKJKLKW
    S87F4UJA7X1XPJNVCPBZ02Z
    8F3JM2BVK9SZPXL9Z3DF1CK
    N569CSAWFAHKRFTJ8R095VV
    RZY9YT3NNVPAZHXVK4UJACL

Please say if you've taken a code to save everyone else's time! :v:

If you have any feedback or suggestions for SEGA Forever, I respond to everything sent to the SEGA Forever Facebook channel via the "Message" option.

If you're having any technical difficulties, we'd really appreciate a heads up via [email protected] detailing the device and firmware you're using. We endeavour to fix any issues with the title, but we need your feedback to help each title be the best it can be!

Cheers!

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wanted to use one of the codes but the ad-free link resulted in me actually purchasing the game as a code system never came up...

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The code must be entered in the "Redeem" option of Google Play, then the game is downloaded and once inside the app, you press the "Ad-Free" button to finish redeeming it. I got the last code, by the way.

First impressions:
    • Oh my god, the music loop in the menu. That song was longer for a reason.
    • Wobbly pixels everywhere right after the SEGA logo, using the default "classic" filter (which actually means "no filter"). No "integer scale" here.
    • Random brief but really annoying sound cuts.
    • Input lag.
    • Graphics emulation seems ok.
    • Sound emulation seems ok. Ruined by the random sound cuts, though.
    • Pause/Menu button has a "Save button" icon. Then the Exit button inside the menu has the "Menu button" icon. Wtf.
    • Menu sounds too loud compared to the emulation.
    • Hearing the SONIC GETS HIT sound each time you open the app, having to wait for the following animation to finish and then having the SEGA voice play afterwards is still very annoying.

Using a 5th generation Amazon Fire tablet.

4. caffeinedreamer

caffeinedreamer

London, United Kingdom
    SEGA Forever
    Hi Dark Sonic, if you can provide a screenshot with your Google Play receipt showing your purchase order number to [email protected], our technical support will be happy to refund you.

Here's how to use the codes for future reference:

Tap the drop-down here
    Redeem here

Thanks for all this comprehensive feedback ICEKnight - have passed it on directly to the team!

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, regarding the "scanlines" filter.

This is SEGA Forever:
    [​IMG]

This is 2017 standards:
    [​IMG]

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You've got to tell me where this is from - I want to know the science behind changing dark greys into dark blues. Assuming it's not a palette hack of some sort.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's just plain MAME with HLSL turned on.

Not sure about the accuracy of the blue-ish shades, by the way. I don't get them with real hardware but maybe it's an NTSC thing? (I'm using PAL TVs here)

8. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I've used android code: 8F3JM2BVK9SZPXL9Z3DF1CK.

Thanks, caffeinedreamer.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Ah, see I don't have that luxary on this PC because my graphics card's not up to spec.

I don't imagine any of these games were originally optimised with PAL sets in mind, but it's perfectly feasible that they expected weird things to happen to those dark greys on a late-80s spec NSTC TV. Could explain a few things if that's the case.

I'll have to experiment some time.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    A question that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but is there anyway we could get a runtime on the Sega Forever Volume 1 cassette?

Literally no one has done this.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I took 1HSZY3YZLEMQAPKJP3PVHB3.

Good to see some engagement in the community for the program after the tumultuous launch.

Unfortunately, my Bluetooth keyboard, which works on Sonic 1, 2, and CD doesn't function with this game. The Ultrathin Keyboard Folio S410 will register and remove the on-screen keys, but no buttons will function. There appears to be no way to reassign keys. Disappointing.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I grabbed W7AKLJRF6KRL since it was still up, curious to see how it runs after work tomorrow. I really hope to see the SEGA Forever initiative continue to improve and expand its scope.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    S87F4UJA7X1XPJNVCPBZ02Z has been claimed by yours truly

For everyone's convenience

Claimed
    S87F4UJA7X1XPJNVCPBZ02Z
    1HSZY3YZLEMQAPKJP3PVHB3
    8F3JM2BVK9SZPXL9Z3DF1CK
    N569CSAWFAHKRFTJ8R095VV
    RZY9YT3NNVPAZHXVK4UJACL

Unverified
    8JGBHLPTUAQN80G9X8F97N5
    SJPM3CGE844QH77209Q3EDY
    9AK10URBTMXXHTMBRKJKLKW

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Redeemed 8JGBHLPTUAQN80G9X8F97N5! Thanks guys!! You're awesome!

15. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Redeemed 9AK10URBTMXXHTMBRKJKLKW. Thanks!

16. caffeinedreamer

caffeinedreamer

London, United Kingdom
    SEGA Forever
    Thanks ICEknight, passed this on too!

Hey JaxTH! I put this together, so I'll see if I can track down the original WAV files we used and find exact timings. IIRC each side's 19-20 minutes.

I'll scan it too. :)

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I got SJPM3CGE844QH77209Q3EDY :) Thanks

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Much appreciated.

I also saw one person get a cereal box. What was up with that?

19. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    Oh yeah, I remember you guys gave out cereal to promote SEGA forever!

I want one

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    An update on the "input lag" report.

After fiddling with the Sound Test, it seems that the notion of lag I was getting is actually a combination of:
    • The emulator showing a certain (variable?) amount of lag after the UI button is pressed (tap the UI Start Button, it will become yellow, then it will become unpressed again and then the PAUSE letters will appear, afterwards).
    • A quite noticeable amount of sound lag. You can see this clearly by playing any music track in the sound test and pressing any direction (the music should stop immediately, as soon as the option is changed).

Also, gotta say that it's kind of annoying to have the "Menu" and "Resume" buttons in different places, not allowing for quick pause/unpause.

Oh, and also:
    [​IMG]
    So much for an "ad-free" version. :v:

EDIT: Something else:

Since these are being made for touch screen devices and they're individual per-game releases, I'm noticing a missed chance for customized accessibility.

These games usually had certain actions that required button combinations to work (B+C in Streets of Rage, A+Start in Kid Chameleon) which are difficult to pull off in here. It would be quite useful to have at least optional buttons with these actions that could be added from the controller options.

And cheat codes that are difficult/impossible to enter due to the lack of physical controllers (level select, in this case), should definitely be included either in the extras/rewards menu or as unlockables of some sort.