don't click here

Sega Demo kiosk

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by egel, Jul 17, 2012.

1. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    May start a small page about my MD collection.
    Hey all, I am looking for a sega kiosk, the small version with blue and orange colors. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's how it looks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've played on this as a kid when my family and I were on vacation and staying at a hotel in Germany. The kids corner had this kiosk with Sonic 3 (if I'm not mistaken it was a prototype build, near final) as a playable game. I really want to own one and was wondering if anyone has it and perhaps willing to part with it.

Thanks for any info :)

2. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    wouldn't you like to know
    Guitar Hero II Deluxe
    Best wishes on finding anyone here who actually owns one and would want to sell. Stuff like that has more than monetary value to most people here. Same reason I still own my Super Magic Drive and my retail-binary Sonic 3 EPROM cart.

3. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    I pretty much assumed that, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

4. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    What I'd do for one of those..

5. MSX

MSX

Lives on the internet. Member
    I remember there was a one that looked just like that, but instead of the Genisis plate, it was a Sega Saturn plate. Sold on eBay a couple months ago. That poor kiosk needed to be rescued. It had a N64 in it! Anyways, the prices of those seem to be $1000. Save your pennies.

6. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    I'd gladly pay that for either a Genesis, Megadrive (preferred, since I live in europe) or Saturn version, as long as it's the same cabinet/kiosk, and in decent condition. I have been looking elsewhere on the net but haven't come across someone selling one yet.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

often the real thing™ Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    It's wiki time. There's no need to be afraid.
    Pretty sure the blue/orange kiosks were built with North America in mind and I suspect became the standard around 1996-ish. Europe's are all grey. Or at least, they're probably meant to be.

The problem with kiosks is that people modify them for their own purposes (and make new ones from scratch), so it becomes difficult to spot the legitimate ones.

8. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Yeah, that seems to be what happens with these kiosks. It's painful, but cool at the same time, to see the modified Dreamcast cabinet that Adam Koralik bought. That guy is one of the biggest DC enthusiasts, but besides that, the kiosk literally has cabinets on the sides of it. That's not how it originally was.