don't click here

SEGA Arcade Legacy - Tetris Challenge

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Mega Sparkmaster, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

SEGA Arcade Legacy - Tetris Challenge is a single player only Tetris fangame based on the SEGA arcade versions of the game, which means there are no Wall Kick or Hard Drop options and the block color scheme is different to the modern one. The game has three themes (Tetris, Bloxeed and Flash Point), but they don't change the gameplay. As an extra feature the W and S keys can zoom the playfield.

Update: replaced the System 18 Bloxeed music with the System C version to keep the volume high.

The game can be downloaded here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XWhchlNZlmTLZqxafgYp-lqwERbsfZVW/view?usp=sharing

Gameplay demo:

Screenshots:
    Screenshot 1.png Screenshot 2.png Screenshot 3.png Screenshot 4.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I am always down for Tetris. Downloading.

3. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Thanks! Hope you like it!

4. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

That's awesome. You never even see & hear about Tetris fanmade games. One problem for me is that when I try to play it, the game gets stuck in the loading screen.

6. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Thanks a lot! It's really hard to make a Tetris fangame since the official guidelines basically make all Tetris games look and play the same, so I decided to use the SEGA rules instead. I'm not a very good programmer, so the developing tools I use are browser-based, like Scratch and HTMLifier. Sometimes the HTML file can crash, so you will have to try realoading the app until it stops crashing.