don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Hopefully this will lineup well with the US release of the "new"3DS next year.

2. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
  3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    At least we're getting them at all.

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I know I'm a bad person for bumping the thread without news but I'm having a fantastic time with Space Harrier, I just picked it up and it looks so great in 3D like this. I'll probably snag Galaxy Force too soon, as well as Outrun and Fantasy Zone down the road.

Are any others worth picking up? I'm skeptical of the Genesis ports since the Sonic one was so "kinda neat but not really worth paying for again".

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Super Hang On, I've played it the most among the 3 arcade titles currently available in North America.
    You can unlock a "special" course of all 48 stages, which is good 24-30 minutes of play right there.

6. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Since you bumped the thread with no news, I'll post a news instead.
    [​IMG]

3D After Burner II released next week. In EU too, and it's 5€ here.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yeah Super Hang On is good fun. It and Space Harrier are my must played, besides Sonic.

8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Yes!!!

This means OutRun in March! (Also I get paid on release date :) )

9. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Well, it's here.

...AND IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME.

M2 really know how to treat a re-release.

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Much excitement to be had!

Now just to wait for Fantasy Zone and OutRun.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's beautiful but god damn I suck at this game. So ready for 3D OutRun however. I've waited so long for my dreams to come true

12. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    http://blogs.sega.com/2015/01/12/sega-3d-classics-3d-afterbunner-ii-%E2%80%93-a-classic-reborn-part-1/
    http://blogs.sega.com/2015/01/13/sega-3d-classics-3d-afterbunner-ii-%E2%80%93-a-classic-reborn-part-2/

*cough*

13. Vangar

Vangar

Thank god, now I can throw my cash at Fantasy Zone and eventually have a legit copy of Fantasy Zone 2 System 16 version!!!! OOHOOHHHOHOHOHOHOH YES

14. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    WOW!

Also 3D Fantasy Zone comes out today (2/12) in the US and EU.

WHICH MEANS 3D OUTRUN COMES OUT ON 3/12!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

16. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
  17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Streets of Rage 2? They must be really improving the Giga Drive's capabilities, given the vertical scrolling this game has.

Color me interested but a bit skeptical, since they had already said they were stopping making these.

18. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    They did state they where going to stop these, but who knows. SEGA just had those big changes where they wanted to focus more on digital, so don't be surprised if they have another batch. I think they really wanted to do Streets of Rage 2 before (but like stated before, the limitation)

Hopefully we see some more obscure stuff make it over.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Fantasy Zone is hard as hell. I can't even beat the first boss with max lives, easiest difficulty..I respect anyone who can. I'm really terrible at shooter games like this. Still glad I bought it to support this line of releases, though. It's a cool game and the 3D is great. OutRun is only a month away...I can't wait.

20. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    You know whats worse? The arcade, cuz you die, you start over (no, 'insert coin' and start where you left off). Its not even a joke, its so frustrating that I never actually beat the game in the arcades.

That game is ridiculous and in the end you have to fight all the bosses back to back. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *flips table*