don't click here

sega 0.3 for UNIX

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by kram1024, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kram1024

kram1024

Researcher / Hacker Oldbie
    at home, duh
    Part of the new Team Revamped; Kraminator Special Series disassemblies; Sonic 3 Sound Driver porting guides; KENS 1.5; smps studio; various non-sonic related things
    new to the 0.3 release:
    • `configure' checks for KENS now.
    • SIGSEGV when providing less than 2 arguments fixed.
    • version string added to usage text.
    new to the 0.2 release:
    • all compression formats supported, now that KENS for UNIX 1.4-alpha2 has a working enigma and nemesis library.
    new to the 0.1 release:
    • initial release: only kosinski and saxman supported.
    sega is a suite of compression programs not unlike TSDC on the Windows platform, which also uses KENS as well. Magus hasnt seemed to posted on his sourceforge project in more than a year, so I helped out by putting up his win32 RC3 release, in addition, I made the transition from vc++ on Windows to aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, automake, and libtool on Linux with his KENS package. the alpha and beta releases did not yet have the buffer functions, though the UNIX RC1 and above do. during the process of porting KENS to a POSIX platform, I made a suite of tools for testing KENS. Eventually, they became what is now known as the "sega" package. if you supply a -x and an address in your parameters, it will decompress instead of compressing. the usage text provides info on other switches, such as enigma padding.

you can get it here:
    sega-0.3 (sourceforge mirror)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.