Seek Engine | Create a complete new Sonic game! [Alpha] [Community Review]

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by EzequielKees, May 29, 2020.

1. The entire construction of the engine is oriented to non-compression, that is, I do not care much about the final weight of the files (Since, for now, it is only for PC and, generally, they do not have storage problems, unlike of mobile phones that do have them).

So I decided to support WAV, I preferred speed over compression ratio. Also, in the hierarchy of each engine project, I need this format. Since I try to limit the engine projects to a single file.

2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Back on track Member
    Bilbao, Spain
    Upgrading my own life to pro edition
    Considering how many tracks a single game can have, wav is bad idea, no matter how you see it. I don't get the single file thing either, you're not creating a game for an emulator.

That aside, it looks nice, but I will disappoint you and wait a bit more to use it. I'm quite unfair when judging early releases, anyway, so it's better for everyone if I stay away from it for now.

3. Hello there is no problem. I understand you completely.
    Regarding audio, I am going to implement other formats with compression. What formats would you use?

Regarding the single file, I understand you, but that is a requirement for the way I am building the engine, unless I explicitly need it, I will stay in a single file.

4. Ozaleto

Ozaleto

Ideally, you should support Ogg Vorbis as well as Opus for lossy formats.

5. View the first post

6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Back on track Member
    Bilbao, Spain
    Upgrading my own life to pro edition
    The edited first post:
    Well, it was nice while it lasted. I hope I can fill that gap someday.