don't click here

[Scan] Giochi Preziosi Catalog (1992Q4)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by nineko, Jul 15, 2014.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I scanned it for smspower, but I guess it won't hurt if I submit it to Sega Retro as well.

[​IMG]

So, this catalog has 28 pages; the central 4 are about a Karaoke system developed by Giochi Preziosi itself, not related to Sega at all, so they can be removed (I included those pages in the archive anyway, for completeness).

The catalog is also filled with typos and whatnot. Many Italians are dumb when it comes to computers and don't know how to type uppercase vowels with accents (e.g. À or È), and I see things like A' or E' sadly way more often than I'd like to. What's weird is that they started it right on the first two pages, then they probably got bored or something since they did it wrong most of the times (and there are some És which should have been Ès, meh).

Quick synopsis.
    1 cover;
    2-3 stuff about the "Sonic Badge" which could make you win things;
    4-5 stuff about a promotion tied to a soccer TV show (vote for the best scored goal and win things). Roberto Mancini is an Italian former soccer player, current trainer;
    6-7 stuff about the Mega Drive. Jerry Calà is an Italian comedian;
    8-9-10-11 Mega Drive games. Walter Zenga is an Italian former goalkeeper;
    12-17 stuff about the Master System II Plus;
    13-14-15-16 stuff about the "Canta Tu" (literally: "Sing You", more realistically "You Sing") Karaoke system, not by Sega;
    18-19-20-21 Master System games (interesting screenshot of the 16-bit version of Sonic 2);
    22-23 stuff about the Game Gear. Gianluigi Lentini is an Italian former soccer player. Interesting typo: "risolzione" should be "risoluzione" (roughly, it's like they wrote "resoltion" instead of "resolution");
    24-25-26 Game Gear games (yet another screenshot of the 16-bit version of Sonic 2);
    27 boring stuff;
    28 back cover.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17315175/Catalogo_Giochi_Preziosi_1992Q4.zip (70945877 bytes). I scanned it at 300 DPI instead of 600, to prevent the filesize from skyrocketing. Trivia: this is a rare case of archive which is smaller in zip format, as the files actually become bigger if rar compression is attempted.

If more detailed transcriptions / translations are required, just ask.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    http://segaretro.org/File:CatalogoSega_IT_Catalogue.pdf
    bonk

Although I do like Italian advertising from this period because it acts as if people have attention deficit disorder. It's a bit of plastic with two LEDs but you'd think it was the second coming of Christ or something.

3. nineko

nineko

italy
    Isn't the filename a bit generic? I mean, there are probably other Italian catalogues out there, and I could narrow down this one to the last quarter of 1992.

Also shouldn't scans have a credit to whoever scanned them? I'm not going nuts like I did in the past, but it would still be nice to see my name mentioned there.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    These would be reasons why I encourage people to upload things themselves. I only stepped in because there's a JPEG-to-PDF conversion involved.

5. nineko

nineko

italy
    It's ok, I don't have anything else I can scan, anyway :P