don't click here

Saxuality

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by saxman, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I'm still officially under the label of "not actively part of the community" so don't think I'm going to help people with their problems and manage a website and hang around these boards every single day of my life. HOWEVER, all of this chatter about Sonic QX has really turned me on!

I came out with several software programs over the years as you may or may not know. However, this is truely the FIRST and ONLY one that has gained collective popularity. I am glad that my program is useful to people, and I hope that more and more people use it. It's definitely not perfect, and there's things it doesn't do that I wish it did.

The question of making it open-development for anyone who wants to modify the program is a possibility. I did NOT say that it would happen though, so don't quote me as saying any such thing.

I may stay around here for a bit to check back on the Sonic QX talk -- at least I 'hope' it continues to be talked about =)

Oh, and I plan to take the final updates I made to the S2 Hacking Guide when SHaC was still up and put them into the "personal edition". The main thing that was majorly updated was of course the 'Sound & Music' page. Do NOT ask me when it'll happen. Do NOT ask me for the updated page. Do NOT bug me! I don't mind 'talking' to people, but I don't want to feel like I have a job to do.

Finally, I shall close this post by saying "I LIKE SAX!" Sax is sexy. Sax is gooooood. I like the taste of sweet, warm sax. Mmmmmm.... wait a sec, that sounds disgusting... Let's not go there!

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    That quote should go down in history.

If you make Sonic QX open-source, go you. If you don't, that sucks but you're the boss.

I shall conclude by saying

G-

3. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    I thought the whole G- thing was dead by now. Wasn't it something like people got giant images of G- and posted them to see who could get the biggest or something. It was before I showed up here though. (Which was just before the fall of the second EZBoard)

*Back on topic* Can't wait to see what happens with Sonic QX. Although I don't use it much, it's because I'm still messing with level design and palletes in my hack. After that I'm doing title screen and finally music. I just hope the program is easy to use. I used to once just after it was first released and didn't have a clue what I was doing.

On the topic of making it Open Source, I probably wouldn't mess with it but I know there are some people who would love it. It's all up to Saxman though. If it were up to me I would, but it's not... so we'll just wait and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.