SADX xbox360 controller patch

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    [UPDATE: This method is now deprecated. If you want a currently working solution, hit up this topic. - GeneHF]

This isn't the way this is 'supposed' to be done, but it works.
    <a href="http://x-hax.cultnet.net/sadx_360patch.rar" target="_blank">http://x-hax.cultnet.net/sadx_360patch.rar</a>

The enclosed file is a replacement sonic.exe, and goes in the same folder

If you want to know what I did:
    I changed the opcode "inc [register]" at 0x37572 to "ret", and at 0x37587 replaced the opcode with another "ret" and nop'ed the leftover bytes. This effectively shuts off analog stick 2. The camera rotate buttons still work though. Enjoy

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Could this be implemented as a feature in SADXTweaker? I'd prefer not to overwrite my already-edited EXE in case I've screwed anything up.

Thanks a ton for this! I use a ChillStream controller and SADX gives me an unbelievable amount of shit for it. Now I'll be able to stand still without the camera spinning around uncontrollably! :D

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Have no fear...Amy Rose is here! Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Dude: thanks for letting me know which version the addresses were for :P (EU)

Tweaker: um, sure. I'll have to make a new part for this and removing the CD check from the US ver.

4. Graxer

Graxer

This is pretty cool, I tried it out this morning.

One other thing that would be cool is if you could make it so that Sonic wasn't restricted to the 8 directions a keyboard is able to move him in. It feels odd playing with an analogue stick, but still being restricted. I realise that this may not be possible or may be outwith your ability, I just think it would be a good feature.

5. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    What if we don't have a Xbox360 controller?

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    <!--quoteo(post=404190:date=Feb 2 2010, 07:58 AM:name=Azu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azu @ Feb 2 2010, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=404190">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What if we don't have a Xbox360 controller?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then don't download it? It doesn't matter regardless all it does is turn off the right analog stick camera mode.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I've made a nice little patcher that works with both the EU and US EXEs.
    <a href="http://x-hax.cultnet.net/MainMemory/SADX360Patch.7z" target="_blank">http://x-hax.cultnet.net/MainMemory/SADX360Patch.7z</a>

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=404194:date=Feb 2 2010, 08:21 AM:name=Polygon Jim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Feb 2 2010, 08:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=404194">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=404190:date=Feb 2 2010, 07:58 AM:name=Azu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azu @ Feb 2 2010, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=404190">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What if we don't have a Xbox360 controller?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then don't download it? It doesn't matter regardless all it does is turn off the right analog stick camera mode.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I mean if they way to do this for other emulate controllers? Like a PS2 one.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    If you have that problem with any controller, this will fix it.

10. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Fucking. Awesome.

I am sick of thinking my controller is broken!

11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Okay, here's something weird...
    I tried SADX with my Logitech Dual Action controller (DualShock clone), and strangely enough, the right analog stick can't rotate the camera left or right. This happened with my unedited (as far as I know) US EXE and the EU cracked EXE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.