don't click here

SA2 Ranks?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Chensen, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Chensen

Chensen

Logo Maker Member
    Mar del Plata, Argentina
    Sonic Adventure Remastered
    So on my validation topic I already said I had plan for a SA2 Project for Sonic Generations, which will feature stages from all the 6 characters from Sonic Adventure 2, not just Sonic or Shadow. Of course, I won't be doing stages already done (or still working) from other modders.

So anyway, before actually starting on that, I'm making a HUD mod for Generations similar to SA2, but I can't find anywhere the ranks graphics from SA2 neither I don't know how to rip them. Can somebody help me, please?

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    In general, the method for ripping textures depends on which version of the game you have available: for the Dreamcast version, most textures are in PVM archives compressed as PRS files (usually they have "tex" in the file name), which can be opened in PVMEditSharp from SA Tools; for the PC version, several textures are inside PAK files in the resource\gd_PC\PRS folder, which can be opened in PAKEdit from SA Tools; for the GameCube version and PC textures that aren't in the PAK files, they're GVM archives compressed as PRS files, the only options here are to use Puyo Tools to decompress and extract the textures or use GVM2PAK from SA Tools and then PAKEdit.

In your specific case, I may have some of the graphics you need here.

3. Chensen

Chensen

Logo Maker Member
    Mar del Plata, Argentina
    Sonic Adventure Remastered
    Thank you, MM! I wouldn't thought I would get actually help for this.