don't click here

RUMOR: "Sonic Mach 2" is the Next Sonic Game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlueParadox, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeing how nobody hasn't made a topic about this, I decided to make one.

NOTE: I COPIED THE TEXT FROM SSMB:

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19252-rumor-sonic-mach2/

"The German voice actor for Orbot, Romanus Fuhrman, has posted a new voice acting role for cubot for a still unannounced Sonic game, called 'Sonic Mach2'.

The Page shows the following:

sonic mach2
    computerspiel von sega
    rolle: orbot
    regie: ilja köster | iksample stud

translated for those who don't know german:

Sonic Mach2
    Video game by Sega
    role: Orbot
    regie: ilja köster | iksample stud

Source: http://www.romanus-f...de/synchron.htm "

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Woah I thought I was going to come in here and this rumour wouldn't have a believable source. This actually looks legit. Note how this voice actor also previously had a role in Sonic Lost World. It would make sense for Sega to hire him again. Sonic Mach 2 is quite the awesome name. Sounds fast and exciting. Also note that Orbot has appeared in almost every mainline Sonic game for like forever. All of the major releases from 2008 onwards.

Excited to find out more about this as the source seems reliable. Even more exciting is that the listing indicates Sonic Mach 2 is a project for 2015.

EDIT: Fixed source link here (scroll down on his page): http://www.romanus-fuhrmann.de/synchron.htm

3. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Cool I guess. Not much to say about just a name, really.

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Same. Given their track record of running themselves into the ground (AGAIN) I can't say I'm really excited. If this trips on its own feet like Boom did, we might as well be back in 2007 where everyone left the franchise except the bad half of the Final Fantasy fandom.

As mentioned in the thread, one of his roles was "Sonic Urals," which ended up being M&S, so the name could change (however he also was listed as an actor for Lost World).

To note though, since Mach 1 is the speed of sound, which is supposedly Sonic's running speed, Mach 2 implies we're going double fast. Unleashed/Generations about to get overthrown?

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well Sega (or at least Amusement Vision) produced F-Zero GX and that's probably the fastest game I've ever played and it turned out to be quite excellent. I see your point though. Sonic's blindingly fast as is in both games you mentioned. The game title Sonic Mach 2 does indicate the emphasis of this new game (even if it's just a code name or working title) is going to be on acceleration and speed. The mind bends at the thought of Sonic speeding through an evolution of the Hedgehog Engine which had to render levels at several kilometres in length to account for Sonic's increased momentum and speed.

One thing that's worth emphasising is that this voice actor's page seems quite strict with giving the listed projects release years and Sonic Mach 2 is listed as a 2015 project. Release year leaked? I thought it was notable because prior to this listing most of us were convinced Sonic was going to skip 2015 in favour of the series' anniversary next year.

If this listing truly is accurate we could be looking at a non-Nintendo next generation Sonic game for 2015.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SHOCKING NEWS: SEGA IS MAKING ANOTHER SONIC GAME.

Probably better to wait until we actually know something about it aside from a working title before making a thread though. There's nothing to discuss about this yet.

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    fuck where did my 5 years go

8. Nova

Nova

>Mach 2

Please be a fucking Generations-like game.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    If this is true, I have doubts that the VA has the right date. Announcing a Sonic game due this year without presenting it at E3 at a Sega booth would seem very strange. The only way this would make sense it's if it were a particular console exclusive to share space with one of the Big Three booths. That sends a message of lack of confidence in both their company and IP branding. Announcing at TGS would be unusually late, as Sonic games tend to be released for the holiday season, which would only be a couple of months away from that point. I think he did the voice work this year, but the game will come out next year.

10. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    It's gonna be a text-based RPG with starfox-style flying sections and a series of never-before-seen game mechanics. Oh and the controls will be utter shit too because who needs controls?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic not having a giant statue at their SEGA booth this year won't hurt the IP nearly as much as Sonic Boom did. Especially considering that most game press don't give a fuck about Sonic anyway.

Besides that, SEGA already explained that the reason why they don't have a booth this year is because they're restructuring.

12. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    inb4 Sonic is Nintendo exclusive, again.

13. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I thought this sort of thread wasn't allowed anymore? Hell, there's a sticky at the top of the forums even saying as such!

Also, wasn't this posted in the Supreme Topic of Other Knowledge last night?

So we have a working title. Neat. Let's not get our panties in a twist quite yet, folks!

14. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    We now know that SEGA is making a new Sonic game and it is about going fast stop the presses

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    In all fairness, the last one wasn't! =P

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    ITT: Assholes and some backseat modding

+ - This thread is against the rules and has no substance, though  

17. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Well, to be fair to the initial poster, the topic wasn't opened up with a slew of random rumors from 4chan about how the next Sonic game is actually a loving tribute to Big the Cat or some such thing. But yeah, we tend to skew away from pointless speculation. It's not a complete shocker there will be a new game featuring everyone's favo(u)rite blue hedgehog, and while it's nice we have a working title, who knows what it means, if anything at all. Until something more substantial is shown (screenshots, a trailer, what have you) we can put a pin in this. Then we can speculate for pages upon pages about how Sonic is slightly off center or is accelerating too slowly/much too fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.