don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    They'll remove the flickies from Sonic 3D. Fact. Oh, wait...

+ - Yes, I needed to make an useless post =P  

2. :l
    I personally wouldn't have cared, but I guess that's just me.
    What games were actually programmed by Naka anyway? Was it only the classic trilogy, or did he also work on Sonic Adventure?
    The only thing I can remember at the moment is his "ingenious" camera used in Sonic Adventure.

3. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    [​IMG]

god knows why they decided to do that O_o

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Thank you for ensuring I can never play that game again. :argh:

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    His son's going through an identity crisis, he can't keep a steady job, and people are spreading rumors of his death.

He needs his father(s) now more than ever.

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    ^^^ This, basically.

Though you have to wonder how much better the games would actually get should Naka get back involved with Sonic again...yanno, doing programming and such.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I'd absolutely love that to be the case, even though I'm certain that this isn't what the announcement is gonna be.

Related to the franchise, but not the actual games directly? A movie seems quite plausible, as others have suggested here, but I have my doubts about that - I just can't see it being a huge success, as much as I'd like it to be done.

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I really hate SEGA's PR team, they're just absolutely terrible. I'm not expecting anything big from this, "franchise changing" news to me would be something like handing Sonic off to a competent developer that knows how to handle the IP. Anything less or unrelated isn't worth giving a damn.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wish Sega would actually have to do something to get people excited instead of saying things like this and having Ken Balloon never shut up.

But if it truly is "Franchise changing" I wish that it would be "After Sonic Colors we are starting everything over again back from 1994" essentially eliminating every bad move they've ever made and every redesign they've ever done.

Screw it, all I want is a retro Sonic mode in Sonic 4. Can they just announce that please? I know that game isn't going to play like Sonic 3 or anything but it looks pretty fun, and I'd like to see retro Sonic in at least that.

10. The day time stages in Sonic Unleashed worked. Guess what they're doing for Colors?

Honestly, asking SEGA to forget about the last 15 years and pretending we're in the past is the most idiotic nonsense I've read all day.
    How about asking SEGA to improve on what was well received? You know, the Sonic levels in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, or the ones from Sonic Unleashed.
    Instead, it appears you'd rather hope for some child-like fantasy where SEGA just wipes out the timeline and goes back to the days when you were a kid.
    Sonic won't be good just because he's fat. Try giving feedback that will actually help them.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    They will admit tails was a girl in sonic 2.

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Fuck, I usually don't give a damn for all those comments hopping for a Sonic movie but,

Fuck. Me!

SEGA, make it happen.

13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    If you ain't fat, you ain't nothing! YOU AIN'T NOTHING!

[​IMG]

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Why do you people think this is all I would like to happen

This is starting to become humorous now

That was pretty good.

15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I especially want one to happen after seeing that and imagining it upped with more Night Of The Werehog quality animation. I mean, seriously.

16. That was absolutely stunning.
    O.O

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good point, it wasn't the most well thought out comment. I would like to see a nice combination of the two, classic style visuals and influence in 3D games, and Colors seems to be doing just that, so I really hope that's good. What I was really aiming for with that comment was just getting rid of all the crap the series has produced over the past 15 years, mainly characters, voice actors, and game directions that just didn't work like treasure hunting. They could keep Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure sonic levels for all I care, I like those

18. Agreed. The only real aspect I don't mind is voice acting. When done right, mind you. I think Sonic Unleashed was definitely on the right track. The only drawback of it was Chip.
    To get my exact thoughts on everything else, watch this video please? :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCq8Nkvq4u4

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    JIZZ.

IN MY PANTS. ALL IN MY PANTS.

+ - I would love to see a Sonic movie like that but of Pixar quality. Too bad Sega would fuck it all up. :(  

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

...Found it!:
    Sounds like a cop-out to me. but what do I know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.