Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    Well, whenever it's announced it's going to cause some sort of disruption. I heard that it's either Ryan Drummond, the Alton Towers guy or a new VA that hasn't been in the role before. Just wait and see.

2. Katzu Niku

Katzu Niku

Mondo cool Site Staff
    8 AM PST now.. Still waiting. :P

3. Donnyku

Donnyku

yay Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Like I said, I'm calling Noon PST

4. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Damn the time zones, why can't we all just have one time to base off so we don't have to be confused over Sega's timing. :argh: Guess we'll just have to be patient and wait another 3-4 hours.

...I'm also going to take a guess and say that the news won't be THAT big. Again, as mentioned before, maybe just a VA change.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=479604:date=Jul 15 2010, 08:09 AM:name=SOTI)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOTI @ Jul 15 2010, 08:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479604">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, whenever it's announced it's going to cause some sort of disruption. I heard that it's either Ryan Drummond, the Alton Towers guy or a new VA that hasn't been in the role before. Just wait and see.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well that's basically all the options for replacing Griffith there.

6. <!--quoteo(post=479608:date=Jul 15 2010, 11:24 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Jul 15 2010, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479608">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Damn the time zones, why can't we all just have one time to base off so we don't have to be confused over Sega's timing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time</a>

Now, if everyone actually used it...

7. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
    <!--quoteo(post=479616:date=Jul 15 2010, 04:58 PM:name=K2J)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K2J @ Jul 15 2010, 04:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479616">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=479608:date=Jul 15 2010, 11:24 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Jul 15 2010, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479608">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Damn the time zones, why can't we all just have one time to base off so we don't have to be confused over Sega's timing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time</a>

Now, if everyone actually used it...
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So GMT, in other words what the UK uses :P

It's now 5PM over here in England.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    <!--quoteo(post=479617:date=Jul 15 2010, 05:02 PM:name=Relick)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Relick @ Jul 15 2010, 05:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479617">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So GMT, in other words what the UK uses :P

It's now 5PM over here in England.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

GMT, in other words what the UK uses between November and March. It's currently 1620 UTC.

EDIT: GMT isn't quite the same as UTC either, but that doesn't matter.

9. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=479405:date=Jul 15 2010, 01:47 AM:name=Slingerland)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slingerland @ Jul 15 2010, 01:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479405">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=479355:date=Jul 14 2010, 05:53 PM:name=TSSZNews)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TSSZNews @ Jul 14 2010, 05:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479355">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=479213:date=Jul 14 2010, 02:57 PM:name=Slingerland)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slingerland @ Jul 14 2010, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479213">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, I just heard the "franchise changing news." To all admins and mods of Sonic forums with a lot of little kids: I pity you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That and the rest of the Stadium + Segabits being briefed on it certainly answers my question on whether Kevin would react any different.
    He reacts differently to you because he hates you. All of SEGA hates you. Unfortunately, that's how things work out sometimes. If they hate you, you're not in on the fun.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Having him not talk would be amazing. You can still make him look badass by facial expressions and risky behaviors we all love. Smerks and grins go a long way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Which is a good point, because, back in the day, smirks and grins were all we had. When Sonic burst into the ring on the Sonic 1 title screen, his personality was understood. You can express so much without dialogue. I appreciate good storytelling without the need for too many words. The first 5 films that I had to make in film school had to be silent in order to learn how to tell a story visually before aurally. It can be some powerful shit if done correctly. It still works for Link and Mario.

At the end of the day ([/Tweaker]), I don't care if Sonic speaks or not, it's a matter of the writing not being laughable. Poor writing has been my criticism in the presentation department more than the voice actors.

It's around 2 AM in Eng-a-land right now, so the new voice actor's identity should be going public in the next few hours on Stadium, Wrecks and SEGA Blogs. I know who the new guy is, but I'll let it be a surprise.

I find this slightly amusing as I HAVEN'T told TSS or SEGAbits staff what the news update is in any way actually - and if TSS knew Retro would certainly also know if you see what I mean. Half an hour before you all start lambasting me by the way, just waiting to sync with SOA.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Confirmed: Slingerland was trolling us. :v: <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Just kidding SL.</span>

Btw, AAUK did you get my PM? I'm not sure it got sent or not due to a 'net malfunction.

11. <!--quoteo(post=479625:date=Jul 15 2010, 11:35 AM:name=ArchangelUK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArchangelUK @ Jul 15 2010, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479625">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I find this slightly amusing as I HAVEN'T told TSS or SEGAbits staff what the news update is in any way actually - and if TSS knew Retro would certainly also know if you see what I mean. Half an hour before you all start lambasting me by the way, just waiting to sync with SOA.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I can't wait~!

(Fingers crossed for return of Ryan)

12. Donnyku

Donnyku

yay Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Dreams Come True, please let my Dreams Come True.

13. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    @Lanzer: Can't say I did. Please resend I'll see what I can do for you.

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Oh man, shit is about to go down, son.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    <!--quoteo(post=479632:date=Jul 15 2010, 09:50 AM:name=NomadTW)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NomadTW @ Jul 15 2010, 09:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479632">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh man, shit is about to go down, son.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You've said that 3 times already. Your enjoying every mintue of this drama arn't you?

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    ^Haha, yeah. Who isn't, though?

17. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Brace for disappointment, gentlemen.

18. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Misfit
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    <!--quoteo(post=479625:date=Jul 15 2010, 12:35 PM:name=ArchangelUK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArchangelUK @ Jul 15 2010, 12:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479625">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=479355:date=Jul 14 2010, 05:53 PM:name=TSSZNews)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TSSZNews @ Jul 14 2010, 05:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479355">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    <!--quoteo(post=479213:date=Jul 14 2010, 02:57 PM:name=Slingerland)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slingerland @ Jul 14 2010, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=479213">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    So, I just heard the "franchise changing news." To all admins and mods of Sonic forums with a lot of little kids: I pity you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That and the rest of the Stadium + Segabits being briefed on it certainly answers my question on whether Kevin would react any different.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I find this slightly amusing as I HAVEN'T told TSS or SEGAbits staff what the news update is in any way actually - and if TSS knew Retro would certainly also know if you see what I mean. Half an hour before you all start lambasting me by the way, just waiting to sync with SOA.

I don't believe you.

Prolly a topic for another day, though. Watching and waiting now.

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    So, when does shit start getting real?

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    @ Vaiz:

If we go exactly half an hour from AAUK's post here, about a minute I guess. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in pretty big suspense for this.

EDIT: Or perhaps more than a minute! :specialed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.