don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Completely agreed. While stories can get a bit extreme sometimes, say in Shadow or 06, I like it that the big titles have a proper plot to go along with them. Most of this would be very difficult to portray without speaking. And if that speaking was reduced to something Zelda-style or removed altogether to be Mario-style, I'd be so upset.

2. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    A "Best Hits of Sonic Underground" CD Compilation, orchestrated by Crush40, all voices sung by Jason Griffith.

3. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

The titles "Live and Learn", "Open Your Heart", and "No One Is An Island" strangely fit well together.

4. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It's Thursday and it's officially past noon. Where's my announced announcement. :colbert:

5. BuffaloWilder

BuffaloWilder

One of these men cannot be right. Member
    I don't want Sonic to be a silent character, but I do want the games to put a larger focus on pantomime and silent story-telling - if Sonic does speak, then can they at least try a little harder to have him actually sound like a cocky, smarmy bad-ass teenager? Martin Burke, you can do it! We'll even ship you over from Potato-Land, free of charge.

6. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    going by how all the "news" since Needlemouse announcement has been revealed after 12:00 Noon PST, I say we probably got a good 7 hours to go and some minutes till we hear something

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's 7:43 AM here. Mind the time-zone thing, now.

8. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I'm sorry, but with a name like ArchangelUK I only just assumed! How silly of me.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If it's anything like the US blog, perhaps info will be posted at around 3, which means it would be posted at around 9 or 10 AM here anyway

10. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    ^ I'm saying to expect a time that's just a teensy bit more neutral than "noon on the dot." Three, four, you know. About the same time the Sonic Colors blog post went up. Unless they flat-out said noon, of course, but I haven't heard that myself.

11. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I wouldn't.

12. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    If that were true they would stop making Sonic game after Sonic game, actually put time and effort into development to the point where people actually miss their titles until they show up again, and then make massive profits off having a quality product.

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Wat.

That would make them lose money in comparison. Sega charges the same amount of money a game, regardless how shitty they are, and just as many people will buy it. Remember %90 of Sonic's fanbase are retarded children who will take Shadow the Hedgehog as a topnotch game.

14. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Not that I was being really serious or anything.

Way to completely ignore your own post though! You know, the time-zone retort thing.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

The time-zone thing is the reason I said to expect a more neutral time. You know, 'cause half the bloody fanbase is still rubbing sleep out of their eyes at this point.

Not that I was being totally serious, either. But I guess that's what I get for being too sleepy to add the :v: emoticon.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    They need time to buff up the servers to prepare for the fanbase lashings.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Well, in theory, if games were higher-quality, they'd get mass amounts of sales from the gaming community and the same mass amounts of sales from the little kiddies they currently cater to, meaning a potentially higher profit, not to mention more sales and re-releases of individual games down the road, meaning even more profit later, et cetera, et cetera (you know, basically the same thing they're still doing with the classics now).

In theory, anyway. I have a certain level of doubt as to Sonic's ability to reclaim credibility with the general gaming community so as to make that theory a reality, should they ever try it. It'd be a shame if they made The Best Fucking Game Ever Made™ and didn't sell enough copies because the last two games sucked ass and put off too many potential buyers from trying the new one, now, wouldn't it?

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    My understanding was that Sonic sales have been declining since Sonic Heroes, actually, but since there's hardly solid numbers to go by, I could be wrong. Sonic 2006, by all accounts, wasn't exactly a success at retail, at least at launch.

19. They're likely to announce this at 4 o'clock (UTC+1), because that's when America is waking up and when Britain is in the afternoon. That's what they usually do with these announcements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.