don't click here

Retro-Sonic News: Dreamcast Test Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by The Taxman, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Ok this is just awesome. Glad the project isn't dead.
    I read that you made the retro sonic engine flexible, so can we expect/hope a psp port? :blushing:

2. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    call it blasphemy, but I never heard of Retro-Sonic until a few weeks back. Never got a chance to play it either, so I'll hold my comments until then. I don't wanna spout inexperienced shit.

Although... a C++ port to Dreamcast. sounds fuckin' impossible, but sounds so right.

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    DS port plz kthx.

4. Vangar

Vangar

Oh my god it's better then sex!

5. Shade

Shade

Yes! Finally, we are seeing updates to this fantastic fangame. Thank you so much for still giving a rats ass about it, because I think I speak for all of us when I say "Fuck yes".

Also, Dreamcast port makes Shade a very happy man.

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I already said it for myself kthx.

7. WINS.

I seriously never paid attention to this, and it looks awesome. And a Dreamcast port? Well, anything to make my Dreamcast not stay dormant...

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Dreamcast Proof of Concept Build Released, see first post for details :(

9. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Only 1 thing to say here:

<3

10. SmashFGM

SmashFGM

Awesome downloading right now :D

11. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Am I supposed to extract the RAR first? Am I supposed to actually use the Nero burning rom? If so, what am I supposed to do?

12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Okay, after actually doing some research, (and wasting four CD-Rs x_x) I've got a new problem. I just burn the file in nero, the way Nero wants to, since it's a Nero file. But it doesn't work in the DC. What am I supposed to do to make it work?

Theory: The CD-R I'm using is 1-16x compatable. Am I supposed to use something else?

EDIT: This was meant to be an edit, not a reply.

13. Shade

Shade

Right, it would seem a good deal of us, me included, are having trouble with this DC business. It wouldnt record succesfully when I ran it through Alcohol 120%, and Fiz seems to be having trouble as well.

14. NickW

NickW

You either have to use Nero 5.x (not 6.x) or Alcohol 120% (maybe not, seeing Shade's post and the fact a Puyo Puyo 4 NRG wouldn't burn properly in Alcohol) for it to burn correctly.

The Taxman, can you give us a CDI image, that way it will work with Alcohol?

15. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I'm having the same problem as well. I pop it into the DC and it tells me to wait while the CD is being checked, then it goes to the main menu and I click play and it tells me to insert a disc.

I'm using Nero Express V. 6.6.5 :\

16. NickW

NickW

I'll test it with Nero 5.x, and tell you if it works.

17. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Ok, my friend has burned the Nero image with Nero 6 and it's working perfectly!~ This is a very professional release, the graphics for loading and pause are even pro looking. I'm going to take some pics.

For those who are still trying to figure it out, we just did the simple way. Opened the nrg, left everything default, and burned. It's on a standard Phillips CD-R, and the DC itself is a first gen Japanese console.

My impressions of the game so far: Very polished and professional. Some of the game mechanics aren't implemnted yet, but this is certainly the same level of quality as Sonic Team's betas. I like how debug mode is enabled :(

18. NickW

NickW

Works with Nero 5.x. Make sure you are burning it at most 8x speed, otherwise your DC might not play it.

19. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Bleh. I'm done trying. I've wasted 4 CD-Rs so I'm done. =\ Can't get it to work.

20. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Shit. I'm using Nero 8.x

That might be the problem. Too bad I'm out of CD-Rs :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.