don't click here

Retro Sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Hello everyone,

I've just found the Retro Sonic game and dowloaded it - been playing it on my laptop and it's really good (well done The Taxman), however on the page on this site where you download it - it says it works on Dreamcast. I have a Sega Dreamcast and have burned loads of games etc but I can't burn this as the download I got wasnt a burnable file. (it downloads as a WINRAR folder, when I exract files I end up with a BASS file (don't know what that is), a BIN file, a logo, and another BIN file).

Is there another download avalible that can be burnt onto disc and I can play on my dreamcast? (cause that would be awesome)!

All help is appreciated! :)

2. Although it was planned for the Dreamcast, I don't know if that version came out...

After it merged with Sonic XG (becoming Retro Sonic XG) it is not known if it will reach the Dreamcast. It will hit the Wii though.

3. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Taxman did announce that he would port the current build to the Dreamcast later after it's been released over at the SFGHQ.

I've tried to burn the 2006 .CDI image myself from various sites, just never managed to get it working, even though I have burnt many .CDI images myself before.

4. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Ah, damn. I thought this topic was going to be for a game based on Retro. A Yoshi mentioned something similar yesterday, but said that he wouldn't be able to fit all the wangus into RPGMK.

5. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Ah thats a shame, I was well looking forward to playing a 2d Sonic game on my Dreamcast!

Let's hope he does port it soon.

6. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    It was released and did work, I have a copy somewhere....
    He was criticized for doing it with the illegal Windows CE SDK instead of the widely available free alternatives, and that's probably why it's difficult to find now. If it were legal to distribute, it'd probably still be floating around. I think the last time this came up he complained about difficulties easily getting good performance with the free tools, or something along those lines.

I could dig up the copy I burned and rip it to a CDI, but I don't see much point. I think it was just emerald hill zone.

7. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Ah if you could sonicblur that would be awesome, I just really want to play a 2d Sonic game on my Dreamcast.

Let me know if you could please :thumbsup:

8. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
    There's a working DC copy over here: http://rsonic.randomsonicnet.org/RSonicDC.rar
    It's the 2006 Proof of concept build. Actually, it runs quite smoothly on my DC, just DL and burn with Alcohol 120% or Diskjuggler. Hopefully the new version will be really good though.

EDIT: It's a Nero image, you'll need Nero, as I heard A120% doesn't like Neros much =(

<CyberKitsune>

9. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Damn, I don't have Nero. :(

10. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Thanks so much CyberKitsune!!! You have made me well happy, I dowloaded it and burnt it using DiscJuggler on the slowest speed and it's working lovely!

Try using DiscJuggler Ollie.

They really really need to finish this game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.