don't click here

Retro Sonic 2007 Demo Released

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by McAleeCh, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Couldn't see a topic about this here already, so if it's old news I apologise.

Just browsed to the Retro Sonic website to find that Taxman had got around to uploading the 2007 PC Demo of Retro Sonic (sorry, no OSX version yet from the looks of things). For those of you who don't know what Retro Sonic is, it's a pretty awesome fangame that's been in development for quite a long time now. This latest demo includes the first level, Egg Garden, as well as Emerald Hill under the 'Custom Levels' option.

To get the demo, head over to the Retro Sonic Website - the download link is near the bottom of the page. You can also check out an older demo that uses the engine from the 2002 release if you want to see how far Retro Sonic has come since then.

Enjoy! = )

EDIT: Also, just in case Taxman actually still frequents this place, small bug I noticed - you might want to make the game check if Tails is on the ground before doing his end-of-level pose. Haven't tested it in Tails Alone mode, but in Sonic and Tails mode he's consistantly done his pose in mid-air for me, since he was flying when the level ended. =P

2. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Speaking of bugs, I was able to jump out of the Bonus Stage, thus "locking" it up and requiring a restart. lulz!
    Aside from that, this is not that bad of a homemade engine. Taxman still has a lot of work to do, but he's in the right direction.

3. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Climbing down a wall into a spring causes an odd impact, but that's all I've noticed.

Good work.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Nothing is more fun than hitting a Sonic 1 checkpoint in a Sonic 2 level, jumping through the rings to a Sonic 1 style special stage, and then getting sent back to the beginning of the level instead of the checkpoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.