don't click here

Rave's pretty addicted to Sonic CD.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rokkan, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokkan

Rokkan

So yeah
    Pixel-Arts:
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]

Drawings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More at http://rokkan-illidian.deviantart.com
    Now you can all mock of me and my incapability of drawing and painting like Picasso.
    Currently working on an vectorial illustration using Adobe Illustrator and a pixel-art for a contest.
    And thinking about uploading some of my written and drawn game concepts that I make.

2. Tsukiyo-chan

Tsukiyo-chan

Not Who You Think I Am Member
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Keeping private matters exactly that. Private.
    I really like the first sprite and the background...they're just amazing...
    The first drawing is cute, the next two images are broken and the midna and link one is cute though the lines are really really shaky.

:v:

3. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Those are really good work. I think I'll watch your DA account x3

4. Rokkan

Rokkan

Thanks a lot you both \o.
    And yeah, shaky lines are almost unavoidable when you're working on a pen tablet.
    So, lemme talk about the guy that's in my avatar, Saturn.
    <------------------------------
    He's a Pleiade, a species that I created which are related to the stars. Their own head has the shape of a star, although, as you can see, Saturn does not have the 5th "spike" of the star, which would be over his head. Why could that be...? Hmmm... Anyway, Pleiades normally lives on an invisible, floating kingdom over the clouds, which only appears to the rest of the world when the full moon's light is reflected by the crystalized structures of the kingdom, making it visible to the rest of the world.

Oh and he also has a hat which I didn't illustrated at the picture because I was too lazy:
    [​IMG]
    His hat's color is light-blue, btw.

He's a character from a game that I'm making on my head. Still untitled, but I've got the whole gameplay idea and some of the story on my head. I'll talk about the gameplay for now.
    The game would be a sidescroller, 2D platformer, like Metroid, Megaman, Mario, Sonic, etc. And would use the Wiimote and the Nunchuk as the controls. With the directional pad of the Nunchuk, you can walk, look up and crouch with Saturn. With C, Saturn jumps. And holding C in mid-air will let Saturn suspend in the air for 3 seconds. With Z, Saturn can extend his sleeves to attack opponents, a la Ristar/Weresonic. By pressing combinations (like Z+>, Z+Z+Z, Z+^, Z in mid-air, etc) Saturn will perform slightly different attacks, like some abilities in Kirby Super Star.

OK, but what will the Wiimote be for?
    With the Wiimote, you control Saturn's buddy, a little star which reminds Stafy (still with no name, if someone's got a name for this lil' bastard, please share with me >>"). Point at the screen and move the Wiimote to move the star, with this star, you can unlock different puzzles. With A, you "activate" him. For instance, there is a switch there, and you need to spin the switch to unlock the door. Hold A and keep spinning the Wiimote in the switch and there you go! Not only the A button solves puzzles, but you can interact with Saturn with it. Hold A and push saturn to do a Star Dash. With it you can go faster and even rise from the ground a little bit. And push Saturn upwards while he's in the air to to a Star Jump, a mid-air jump which is more difficult to control, but with a height bigger than the normal jump.

Those actions do cut the normal ways and are shortcut to get over puzzles more quickly, but, they spend some of a gauge called Star Power. When you "activate" the star, you spend Star Power, and when you get hit, your Star Power gauge takes the hit as if it were your HP. By pressing A for actions that you actually need to do to unlock puzzles, you spend quite little of Star Power, and when your Star Power is at a critical point, you don't spend Star Power in those actions, the Star Jump and the Star Dash spends more of Star Power, specially the Star Dash, however, when the gauge is at a critical point, you don't spend the gauge by performing a Star Jump, and you spend very little to do a Star Dash. When the gauge meets the zero mark, the depletion of it entirely, the star turns gray and falls on the floor unconcious, and the gauge is substituted by a HP bar that shows two hearts. As you defeat enemies, they drop Star Shards that you collect to re-fill your gauge. When the Star Power gauge hits a certain mark, the Star revives. But, if you take two hits while the star's down, you die. Also, 200 Star Shards grants you a 1up.

With B, you "lock" the star in a certain position, which it acts like an aim. For example, you want to hit an enemy that's a bit far away, and if you attack, you'll hit another enemy that's in front of you. But you don't want to hit it, you just want to hit that far enemy. So what you do? Position the star in the enemy and hold B, now, just press Z to attack and there you go. This is also useful when you need to grab an object or go to a stair or slide in a pole and it's too far from you to reach it normally.
    And, even with the star locked, you can still activate it by holding A too, and even perform a special action, depending on where you lock it. For instance, you need to rotate a switch (again), but, at the same time, dash through a door that's not on-screen. What do you do? Lock the star on the switch, hold A and spin it, and dash with Saturn to the door. Even with the star out of the screen, you'll still spin the switch by spinning the Wiimote.

Also, the star doesn't go through walls. I think with that, it would make the star look more like it is in that plane, and not in a parallel one. But what happens when the star gets trapped in a wall? Press down on the control pad of the Wiimote to "reset" the star's position. When you do that, the star will teleport to the same position where Saturn is. But when you're in a tight situation and you don't need the star, and you think that it'll only get in your way, just hold down the reset button and then the star will follow Saturn.

So, what do you think? '-'

5. Tsukiyo-chan

Tsukiyo-chan

Not Who You Think I Am Member
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Keeping private matters exactly that. Private.
    .....wha..?

A pen tablet is like drawing with a pencil as opposed to drawing with a bar of soap like a mouse feels like.... If you're lines are shaky with a pen tablet, then you just have a shaky hand, do not blame the hardware. I have a tablet, mind you....and honestly my lines got a lot smoother when I got it because it's worlds easier to work with....if it wasn't I don't think anyone would have bothered inventing them.

Honestly this comment reminded me of this one girl...I asked her why she had green eyebrows (drawn on with crayola marker) and she said, "Because I have natural red hair." I stared at her for a moment in utter disbelief...If natural red hair requires you to draw your eyebrows on with marker then why aren't MY eyebrows green?

Think people....think.
    sorry for ranting...that stuff just bothers me x.x

anyway... that's a very indepth description of how you want your game to work and it doesn't seem like it'd be an insanely hard thing to program either. though I've never played mario galaxy, it reminds me of that.

6. Rokkan

Rokkan

The tablet is a lot more plain than the paper, so, almost everyone that I know that has a tablet has more shaky lines than they actually draw in the paper.
    Well, nevertheless... Thanks! I would really appreciate if I could find a programmer to do this... I'm not a programmer myself like the most of this forum, just a spriter. Althoguh the game wouldn't function as well in the PC as it would in the Wii.

7. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Lumpy

Draw on paper

8. Rokkan

Rokkan

lumpy what

9. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    exactly what you two were talking about earlier

Also I want to see what you draw like on paper :)

10. Rokkan

Rokkan

the link of my DA account was at my first post
    but anyway, here you go:
    http://rokkan-illidian.deviantart.com/art/...-awful-95578909
    http://rokkan-illidian.deviantart.com/art/...gician-97418423
    http://rokkan-illidian.deviantart.com/art/...izzard-96198116

11. Rokkan

Rokkan

Suck my pixel cock
    [​IMG]
    This is for Becky's contest. Took me forever to do Carnival Night Zone, but just today to do the characters and the HUDs
    almost 100% custom if it weren't for the background, which is from Chrome Gadget. Why?
    1st- Due date is today
    2nd-Couldn't make the background look right
    3rd-Nobody remembers the Chrome Gadget BG lol

12. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Your sprite art's pretty classy, man~

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
  14. Shibunoa

Shibunoa

Banned
    Italy
    I like how you draw, keep doing more.

15. Rokkan

Rokkan

thanks a lot for the comments~
    I think I'll do a pixel-art soon, when I finish it, I'll upload it here

16. Rokkan

Rokkan

So I herd that Sonic-Cult is gay for old-school Sonic
    [​IMG]
    So I did an old-school Amy to turn this gayfest into a straightfest
    Re-did her design because, seriously, what a horrible choice of colors for her clothes, SEGA! Orange and green? How the fuck does those colors match with pink?! And she just looked like a pink Sonic with clothes, so yeah...
    And yes, her legs are long as shit compared to her torso. I did that on purpose so that it would attract more attention to her boots, which I think it's the highlight of her re-design.
    So, whaddya think?

17. I think its cool. You are pretty gifted.

18. Rokkan

Rokkan

Two brand new artsies, but first, thanks for the comment Master of Gaming, I would quit putting my drawing attempts if there was no comment for them =P
    First an animated avatar, Sonic Unleashed-themed. It's a birthday gift to my gf.
    [​IMG]

And second... Well I guess you can call her a "fan-character" but I don't like associating my characters with Sonic, because God forbid their appearance in a story that has SONIC in it, they're almost the opposite of what Sonic should be like at my opinion... But they're not furry either =P
    [​IMG]

Her name is Demi, it's a hybrid of a Hedgehog and a Cat. (more of a cat than an actual Hedgehog...) she's psychotic, pyromaniac and dreams of ruling the world. You can maybe include badass and comical on that list. She pulls off her ass all kinds of weapons (including fucking bazookas and tanks), but her main weapon is a sub-machinegun which if inverted becomes a lightsword. She might seem a Shadow the Hedgehog, but she's quite fragile and kind on her inside. Plus most of the times that she pulls heavy weapons out of nowhere are for comical scenes. Also, that skull on her hat it's not a living being, but it mimics her actions (its eyes looks where she looks at)
    And she's the sister of the character that has my forum name. (not the same one from the avatar and signature, that is Saturn, which is completely not a fan-character)

19. Rokkan

Rokkan

Many thanks for the comments people, anyway
    I did this for anyone who still cares:
    Original
    [​IMG]
    Re-drawn by me
    [​IMG]

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Demi looks a lot like Excel, not that that's a bad thing.

It's a pretty cute design.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.