don't click here

Rate the Sonic ________

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kampfer, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You know you can skip that part. You just have to have enough speed and time your jumps.

:P

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    What, you can't go through the blocks AND get an A? :P

Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 10/10
    S3K FTW.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone = 7/10
    Meh, I didn't really like it that much. It was okay.

3D Level: Crazy Gadget = 9/10
    I thought it was fun.

Character: Knuckles = 8/10
    One of the original trio, so Knuckles for the win.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, that's extremely easy. I do it all the time, and most of the time I easily nail it on the first try. If you jump at the right time you'll shoot to the top of the level and be exactly where you'd be after going through the water.

Edit: Talking about CPZ of course, Guess Who got in before me =P

4. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 10
    2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) = 6
    3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) = 5
    Character: Knuckles the Echinda = 9

5. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 9
    2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) = 7
    3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) = X I don't remember the level enough to give it a rating.
    Character: Knuckles the Echinda = 9

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 10

Endless hours of playing this game. It has everything I wanted from a Sonic game. It's probably the reason I am still here today. Sonic 2 wasn't enough. Sonic 3 took Sonic to the next level. Sonic 2's missing levels and ideas got brought to life through Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I am also a fan of the competition levels in Sonic 3. They are probably the best and most good looking levels ever created. Too bad they were in such small formats. Chrome Gadget's wonderful background. Endless Mine's cool multi paths. Desert Palace warm feeling and nice designs. Baloon Park is just wow! Azura Lake is wonderful!
    Hydrocity, Marble Garden, and Ice Cap makes me fall asleep though. Too much of the same thing. But they are okay. They could be a lot worse! My guess is the deadline made them boring.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) = 10

I had to grew up to like this level. It is based on Star Light Zone from Sonic 1, with the stairway objects and those standing loops. The graphics are awesome and makes up the most of the score. This is also the first level to have cross-paths. Too bad it had the cross-paths so boring at times. You felt you were running backwards just like Hydrocity Act 2, and that feels bad when you want to just complete the act and move on. The tubes were always irritating, and made you pop-up somewhere else in the level without knowing where you were. But if you play Chemical Plant and watches its beauty, all those irritating stuff are okay. The water in act 2 brings up the score. I love it when suddenly it becomes a water level.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) = X

Don't know that level.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda = 10

The 2D Knuckles in S3&K owned so bad I just wanted to forget Sonic and play Knuckles over and over. Knuckles were perfect. But also, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was designed to give Knuckles his own hidden paths and hints. God that was the times.

But what is Knuckles today? I don't want to think about it. He's suddenly fooled by Eggman every new adventure. He never learns. He's boring. He's stupid. And he's been replaced by new characters all the time, that can't stand up to anything of the glory days. I stopped watching Sonic X the episode when Knuckles gives away his precious emeralds to Eggman without even thinking of the possibility Eggman can be lying. And this was 10 episodes from where Knuckles got fooled by Eggman for the first time in Sonic X's history.
    Then we have Sonic Battle GBA, where Knuckles's stupidity once again makes him the bad guy.
    And guess what? No matter what new Sonic game comes out, they all try to be duplicates of Sonic 3 & Knuckles' history. Hirokazu Yasuhara owned when he created the levels and story for S3&K, but then when he got fired or whatever happened, they can't do anything good and have to use his ideas.

7. Ergo

Ergo

HA HA! ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET! Pending Member
    North America
    pillow
    game: 10
    This game was one mililiter shy of being perfect (nothing's perfect).

2D level: 5
    I've never not hated that level. In my world a 5/10 is an F.

3D level: 8.6
    Yay! 3D Death Egg Zone!

Character: 9.4
    Knuckles is awesome and will always be awesome. I love how in S3&K he would just walk through walls and they would shatter.

8. esreveRPsychology

esreveRPsychology

Master of Pies Pending Member
    In my chair in a sleeping bag
    Restoring HPZ like any other new guy project
    game: 10
    I think we all agree this is unanimously a 10

2D level: 9
    Heh, that level was fun, but the boss bothered me only slightly

3D level: 3
    Played it, hated it.

Character: 8
    Started awesome, but went too mainstream in the later games, he just annoys me now.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 10
    Kickass storyline, kickass levels, kickass effects, kickass music. Works for me! =P

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 8
    One of my favorite levels of all time. Friggin' insane speed, plus water to vary the mix. Kickass level art adds to the mix.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - 7
    I remember this one. I love how a lot of classic elements (gravity switches, vacuum speed tubes, etc) were included to add to the nostalgic factor, and mixed with new elements to make a really cool level.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 8
    Aww, we wub you Knuxy. <3
    Seriously though, the guy's respectable. Devoting his life to protecting the master emerald, kicking the shit out of Sonic on various occasions, etc. Extremely gullible, yes, but good at heart.

10. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 10

This game is epic.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 6

I found this level reasonably bland, but liked how it brought water in. I also like the spider enemy in it, and the crossing path sections. It could've been an incredibly fast and smooth level, but it's got a lot of things which break the flow like the block jumping parts.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - 8

One of those really hard levels to play at first, but once you master it it becomes really fun. I enjoyed it. Of course, with SA2, I ignore the "minigames" as tails and everyone because they suck so much, so this is just a Sonic level opinion.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 9

When he was first introduced I loved him. Gliding and Climbing is awesome - I love exploring.

11. Kampfer

Kampfer

Sorry for being so late. time hasn't been on my side as of late.

My Scores:

Sonic 3&K- 10/10
    CPZ (S2)- 8/10
    Crazy Gadget (SA2) 7.5/10
    Knuckles the Echinda- 9/10

Code (Text):
    1. Games
    2. 1st- Sonic 3 and Knuckles (MD)- 9.61 (23 Votes)
    3. 2nd- Sonic the Hedgehog (MD)- 8.05 (26 Votes)
    5. 2D Level
    6. 1st- Green Hill Zone (S1)- 8.50 (23 Votes)
    7. 2nd- Chemical Plant Zone (S2)- 7.08 (24 Votes)
    9. 3D Level
    10. 1st- Green Hill Zone (SA2)- 5.79 (24 Votes)
    11. 2nd- Crazy Gadget- 5.64 (21 Votes)
    14. Character-
    15. 1st- Knuckles the Echinda- 8.63 (26 votes)
    16. 2nd- Sonic the Hedgehog- 8.36 (25 Votes)

Next Poll

RATE!

Game: Sonic Triple Trouble
    2D Level: Sky Sanctuary (S3&K)
    3D level: Hot Shelter (Gamma) (SA1)
    Character: Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik

Poll closes 6:14 PM January 7th 2006! (Central Time)

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Game: Sonic Triple Trouble - 6
    Like S3K, but on GG. Cool by me, though I only played it a bit.

2D Level: Sky Sanctuary (S3&K) - 10
    My favorite level, ever. Great fitting music, boss battle out the ying-yang, and effects that have yet to be rivaled in a Sonic level to date.

3D level: Hot Shelter (Gamma) (SA1) - 7
    I remember this one. Kinda reminded me of Metropolis a bit. It was okay.

Character: Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik - 9
    The ultimate evil genius! Or, you know, close to it. Despite Sonic pwning him every time he tries out his newest plans, he has a devious attitude and ideas that never seem to stop coming. He's one of them badassed niggaz!

13. Ergo

Ergo

HA HA! ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET! Pending Member
    North America
    pillow
    game: 6.8 I didn't like the sonic games for the game gear too much.

2D level: 9.1 I like how when it started all the robots flew out of the death egg. There were plenty of cool swings and stuff placed throughout the level, and the end of the level was great how sonic ran up the crumbling tower to jump onto the death egg. A very memorable level.

3D level: 6.4 A very straight forward, easy Gamma level, but it was the hardest for me to get all of the emblems for.

Character: 8.9 I like how he refuses to give up. He should think more before he spends a buch of money to build a robot that will just get destroyed by Sonic or someone else. Here are some ideas for things he can use to beat sonic with an should really, really use:
    1. an H-bomb
    2. an A-bomb
    3. When Sonic's running along, tie a rope up to a pole on the opposite side of the road. Tighten the rope when he comes by to trip him. Shock him with a 3000v taser until dead.

14. Shade

Shade

Game: Sonic Triple Trouble - 7
    This is the best GameGear Sonic, next to 2.

2D Level: Sky Sanctuary (S3&K) - 8
    Nice level, nice atmosphere, nice bosses, nice build-up to the climax, nice music. No complaints. It just doesn't strike me as overly great, though.

3D level: Hot Shelter (Gamma) (SA1) - 3
    Gamma's levels and gameplay suck. This was the only remotely interesting one.

Character: Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik - 10
    Fuck yes.

15. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Game (Triple Trouble)--7
    Easily the best of the GG games (IMO). Of course, I never thought the GG games were particularly good to begin with, but this one was a fun diversion at worst. At best, hours of fun, though I'm not sure that ever actually happened.

2D level (SSZ)--8.5
    This was a fun level overall, especially with Mecha Sonic reviving some Sonic 1 and 2 bosses, but it was too short (especially with Knuckles), and in Sonic's version, I've encountered some odd collision bugs that don't seem to occur anywhere else in S3K—or any other Genny Sonic game, for that matter.

3D level (Hot Shelter—Gamma)--6
    Scored that low primarily because I don't remember the level. I've played it quite a bit, so the fact that I can't remember it doesn't say much for it :P

Character (Robotnik)--10
    Robotnik will always be my favorite video game villain (shortly followed by Bowser), because some of his machines are damn brilliant and his personality and voice acting were spot-on in the Adventure games, a perfect mix of insanity and politeness.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Game: Sonic Triple Trouble = 10
    (This is really fun game, I loved how they did the special stages)

2D Level: Sky Sanctuary (S3&K) = 10
    (music and art are very nice. The bosses from S1 and S2 were awesome. poor knuckles...)

3D level: Hot Shelter (Gamma) (SA1) = 5
    (this level was very boring, I did not like that music.)

Character: Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik = 10
    (He was so great in S1 - S3K, but not so much now. He was so great in the Sonic movie. How come he is not the main villain any more?)

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Game: Sonic Triple Trouble = 9/10
    Best GG Sonic game.

2D Level: Sky Sanctuary Zone = 10/10
    Awesome level. Nuff said.

3D Level: Hot Shelter (as Gamma) = 3/10
    I never really liked Gamma's gameplay, really.

Character: Dr. Robotnik/Eggman = 9/10
    Eggman FTW. At least he was the main enemy in Rush, and probably in Next-Gen Sonic.

18. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Game: Sonic Triple Trouble = X

Never played it.

2D Level: Sky Sanctuary Zone = 9/10

The music's great, the multitiude of recreated bosses is great, and the layout of the level is great. All the funky scrolling stuff is incredibly kickass too.

3D Level: Hot Shelter (as Gamma) = 6/10

Not bad, but not particularly great either. Gamma was a bit boring as a character, and the gameplay was too slow to be Sonic.

Character: Dr. Robotnik/Eggman = 9/10

He's been kickass since the beginning, though they're diluting him a bit as of late.

19. Sonic Triple Trouble: 10
    Easily my favorite Sonic GG game. Great graphics for a handheld of that era, same to music. It also featured enemies and stages that were fresh ad unique, rather than just retreads of old favorites. Take the frog robot in Meta Jungura (I think that's what it was called) or the penguin boss in Robotnik Winter. Nothing like them are seen anywhere else in the Sonic universe. The Atomic Egg and Sunset Hill stages, amongst others, were a blast to play, and the last stage, comprised of not just one or two but FIVE bosses, was sufficiantly challenging to keep it fun to play over and over. The different abilities granted to Sonic and Tails in this game ensured that Tails did not have an unfair and blatent advantage over the hero, and there were a suitable amount of differences in the stages such as character-based pathways and items so that playing through as one character and than the other was not just a repetitive retread. The special stages were unique and fun as well, and the additions of Knack the Weasel and Knuckles as recurrent rivals added notably to the experiance for me, although having Knuckles blow you up after EVERY BOSS did get a little repetitive after a while. Nonetheless, STT is an awesome game. If you didn't own it, emulate it.

Sky Sanctuary: 9
    Simply a way cool level. The opening was about as dramatic and storyline-based as anything one could expect from a Sonic game in those days, and the mechanics of the level were different and challenging. The nods to Sonics 1 & 2 seen in the first two Mecha Sonic bosses are appreciated, and the amount of boss fight in this level add to the challenge. The art for the level is simply beautiful, the music well-done and fitting, and it all cames together to make a big, fun level. I only have two problems with SSZ. First of all, the Egg Robo badniks, the only standard enemies in the level, are far too easy to kill and are all around non-threatening. They should take more than one hit to kill, or should only be able to be hit at certain times. The way they are now, they're a joke. It's hard to even be hit by them unless you're trying. And these are supposed to be Robotnik's elite forces? Second, while the level is awesome, your biggest challange is not to avoid being killed, but to get to the end before the timer runs out. One slip off a ledge can mean another two minutes spent climbing back up to where you were, and in some odd cases, even having to re-fight bosses. Even so, Sky Sanctuary wins.

Gamma's Hot Shelter: 5.
    Cool stage (contradictory to its name), and some neat scenery and sequences, but not enough blowing-stuff-up for my liking. Hot Shelter is of decent length, but there aren't many places where you can nail a lot of targets in one spot. Also, the boss at the end of the level is pitifully weak, which kind of detracts from the level as a whole. Nice music though. : P

Dr. Eggman/Dr. Ivo Robotnik: 10
    Best overwieght maniacal madman scientist with a giant mustache EVER. Everything about Eggman's personality is either funny, awesome, or funnily awesome, and he has a really cool-looking character design to boot. Also, it's nice to see a long-standing villain in video games who doesn't know when to quit. Even Mario's had a few games where he didn't have to worry about Bowser at the end, but Eggman makes certain that Sonic never has a peaceful moment. And playing as him in SA2 is a blast, as besides being a cool dude, he is gifted with what I believe to be the coolest and overall most fun first stage in that game. Especially amusing is his shouted "you're going to pay for this!" line after you trash his inventions in Sonic Advance 3. Apparently, he's finally running out of funding for his death machines. : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.