Rare Sonic CD art

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SMpai, Aug 29, 2019.

1. SMpai

SMpai

Not sure if this one is unseen like the others butttt here’s some sonic CD stuff too

Attached Files:

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    @SMpai Again, thanks for sharing! Although any context would be nice, too. Is this also Ohshima's?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  3. This feels vaguely familiar, like it was put up by Hisashi Eguchi onto his twitter. I mean, it does look like the intro where Sonic uses a mountain to build momentum to launch himself to Little Planet.

The speedometer is a cute touch I kinda wish made it in.

4. SMpai

SMpai

Yes this also is Ohshima sans art, I sadly do not have context but I believe it was used for making of the intro movie

5. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Oshima had shared this on his Twitter a while back and said that it was an early Special Stage concept for Sonic CD.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just browsed through all his tweeted pics (and Sonic CD dev docs in the wiki) and couldn't find it. Are you sure?
    EDIT: Found them, see below.

7. SMpai

SMpai

I thought I had seen this one before somewhere that’s why I just wrote rare but I don’t see it on his twitter, could you send a link? Thank you

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Apslup

Apslup

Feelin' Fine. Member
    Some of this art (Sonic rolling down the hill and leaping forward specifically) looks quite similar to the shots from the opening cutscene, so maybe they could be connected? I don't know.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  10. Pengi

Pengi

They both look like "Track & Field" style mini-games. Doesn't seem like there'd be enough "meat" on them to be full Special Stages. Then again, maybe that's why they were abandoned.