Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Ralakimus

Ralakimus

ROT... AND... ASSIMILATE! Tech Member
    I've attempted to restore the original songs in the levels in Mean Bean Machine by changing the song IDs to the Puyo Puyo tracks.

ROM

2. SegaRelatedThings

SegaRelatedThings

I have decided to put my Sonic: Total Chaos hack on hold for now so I can do some more stuff, and since then, I have started working something recently that may interest most of you.

I present to you, Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Sonic 1 Edition:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This hack is still very early in development, but here are some of the changes I did:
    • Most of the art has been changed (except for a lot of Sonic's sprites).
    • Only Emerald Hill Zone's first act's level layout has been changed.
    • Sonic can't do the spindash, just like in Sonic 1.

And that's about it.

If you want, you can download V1 here.

3. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Here's the release of my updated hack. I hope you'll like this one better...

If you'll feel like the bosses are too tough to you, you can use the "Quick Start" feature, which lets you respawn immediately upon death without reloading the level.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qd78q8smm8f3mya/%5BSHC%5D+%5Bexpo2018%5D+131+-+Sonic+3+%26+Knuckles+Epilogue+-+By+TheBlad768.bin

Credits:
    Programming: - TheBlad768.
    Music ports: - FoxConED.
    Graphics: - Mr.Cat, Dolphman.

External Credits:
    Debugger - Vladikcomper.
    Ultra DMA Queue - Flamewing.
    Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2 - Clownacy.

Video:

4. Wafer

Wafer

Member Member
    Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    I updated my Sonic 2 Versus Edition hack with a "Rounds vs" mode that basically follows the same kind of loop as Mania instead of playing a whole zone at a time with a special stage tie breaker. Also, optional dropdash and flight, and Tails renders in front of Sonic on the lower screen (how do you like me now, Mania?)

Original post follows...

5. Supakitsune

Supakitsune

It's TECHNOSTASY, SINCE 1987 Oldbie
    This is...genuinely really cool? I haven't gotten to play it yet but it looks technically impressive, and the bosses are really neat in and of themselves. I feel like the hack probably deserved a thread of its own, honestly; being relegated to this thread seems a waste.
    Unless I misunderstood all the "Unknown Zone"s in the level select in the video and there's actually only those two bosses in Death Egg, and that's why you put the hack in here? Either way, man, iunno. It looks really cool and deserved more attention, 's the way I see it.

6. Wafer

Wafer

Member Member
    Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    Here's a hack of Sonic Spinball to improve the controls. In short, it binds Z to A and Mode to C. So if you select a control scheme that has C as the right flipper, you can press the shoulder on a 6 button pad to control the flipper, and if you select "Left, All, Right" it uses both shoulder buttons on the 8bitdo pad as the appropriate flippers.

Here's a link. If anyone tests it on original hardware, please let me know, I've only tested it on my Mega SG.