don't click here

Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, when you jump on top of a piranha. :O

2. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axl2xsBfBQ

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not a hack per se, but if you have Debugens, play this palette tweaked Mean Bean Machine (just skip over the Checksum Error) and Import Dump while playing Exercise Mode. Enjoy your new dancing mascot.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/qk77jh

4. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    https://www.dropbox....ANTUFA.bin?dl=0

Some advanced quick hack of a hack I made back 6 months ago with Hex Editing and quick IDA Pro usage but never bothered to release it because I'm not welcome on Retro-related hacking forums anymore.

(for those who don't get what this is, it's that silly Pantufa the Cat hack but with MegaPCM installed. Pantufa was amazed when I showed him the modified version of this hack.)

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    You sure you uploaded the right ROM? The one you uploaded is Pantufa the Cat, by VAdaPEGA.

6. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    I hacked MegaPCM into it for no reason at all. That's why you hear no fuzz in the SEGA speech and S3 Drums.

7. Dandaman

Dandaman

Also known as Dandaman955 Tech Member
    UK
    Download.

This is a Streets of Rage 1 hack, and is about as 'random hack' as you can get. I modified one of the enemies to give Adam's unused battle cry when they attack (more specifically, the ninjas).

8. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Mega Sonic is a hack of Mega Man where he copied Sonic's abilities and now must gotta go fast.

9. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

That's a fine hack. Makes me think of a sprite sheet I made quite the long time ago:

[​IMG]

No idea how usable this is, though.

10. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    RAM manufacterers aprove this hack. I felt some serious relief when Eggman didn't duplicate after getting hit.

11. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
  12. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Not sure what I enjoy the most-- having Super Tails in Sonic 2 or reading your readme file. Either way, nice hacks.

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'm a fucking idiot... wah!!! *Insert incessant whining about no birds here*

Just kidding... cool minihack here!

14. PKstarship

PKstarship

Super-Sonic Racer
    This hack is awesome! When I originally got all of the Chaos Emeralds as Tails, I was really let down, and decided that there was no reason to play as Tails anymore. This hack totally fixes that for me :)

Edit: The Super Flickies in S3&K's Super Tails are cool, but have almost no point because Tails is already invincible...

15. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow

Eggrobo and Mecha Sonic have delivered a chain letter to Knuckles. It contained the following message:
    "Send this letter to ten friends of yours, otherwise you'll die if you try to use the power of left and right to move while standing, running, rolling, gliding or jumping".
    Since Knuckles doesn't have this many friends, he (in his desire to restore his normal moving abilities) goes on an adventure to kick their robotic butts.

Controls and Gameplay:

Knuckles will die if you will try to press Left or Right on the controller while he is standing, running, rolling, gliding or jumping.
    You can use Left or Right only to beat the special stages and to interract with objects (climbing and hanging on poles, etc.), except for pushing them.
    To beat the game you need to utilize Knuckles' abilities to glide, climb up and down, spindashing and his momentum.

Have Fun!

Download

16. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    Clever hack. It's fun trying to exploit the game mechanics like this. Eventually you learn fun new ways to turn yourself around and go forwards. It's the kinda game-breaking fun I like. Couple things, though.

1. Knuckles doesn't actually die when you press left or right. The buttons just don't work.
    2. Because of number 1, when Knuckles, for instance, gets stuck on a spring or the fans in Hydrocity, he stays there. Forever. Only way out is to load a savestate or reset.
    3. When you beat AIZ, the game soft-locks because Knuckles can't run right to jump down into Hydrocity. You can reset the game and load your save to get to Hydrocity, though.

Other than that it's playable, with savestates and patience. I didn't bother to make it past HZ1, but I'm sure it's not impossible if you take exactly the right route.

EDIT: Cut youtube video from quote

17. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Oh, I've uploaded a wrong version of the hack. Try this one

18. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    That's very creative, man. And also serves as warning to all those who don't believe in chain mails.[Inspoiler]Messenger DID disapear, the prophecy was true[/iSpoiler]

This will be a real threath to my self-esteem, though.

19. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
  20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Congratulations, that's a surprisingly evil hack. =P