don't click here

Question regaridng Tectoy 32x games...

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Sploit, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Sploit

Sploit

Do Tectoy 32x games work on a PAL 32x console?

I have bought a Tectoy Master System game and it work on my PAL Master System console...

Just wondered if it was the same for other consoles?

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Brazil is a PAL region, so it should work.

3. Sploit

Sploit

Cheers dude, I thought as much but wasn't entirely sure...

given that apparently 32x is somewhat more awkward with regions from what I had heard lol.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It is and it isn't - basically think of it like this.

MD regions = US, JP, EU
    32X "regions" = NTSC, PAL

As the US and Japan share the NTSC standard, this means that there are 4 POSSIBLE combos for the 32X when stuck into a Mega Drive:

US/JP - PAL
    US/JP - NTSC
    EU - PAL
    EU - NTSC

Of these, the only two that actually WORK are US/JP - NTSC and EU - PAL.

tl;dr - A Japanese 32X can fit into a Japanese MegaDrive or an American one. An American 32X can fit into an American Mega Drive or a Japanese one.

European 32Xes only fit in European systems. =P (For sake of argument Brazil is European for this example)

5. Sploit

Sploit

So on my PAL 32x then, I could run a brazilian Tectoy 32x cartridge?

I have been wondering, as brazil seems to get some US games, that the UK didn't. But if brazil gets them, then technically there is a chance we here in the Uk could play games previously unavailable.

For example, on these forums I have heard good things about Tempo, which did not get a european release (at least not according to wiki). However there is a tectoy version, which I assume makes this game available to european gamers by a stroke of luck.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Why does everyone says Brazil is PAL?

Brazil is NTSC. Every eletronical apparel sold in Brazil is set to this format, from TVs to DVDs. And it was like this since I can remember, namely my Master System, my first videogame.

The games that TecToy published here in Brazil have the NTSC format as well.

Genesis is another story, though, since here was only released as "Mega Drive". Though, I used Genesis games in it just fine, while any other would give me a "This game should only be used in north america" message (or something along these lines). My 32X is from TecToy as well, and it only runs NTSC games.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I was honestly confused as well, but the only Brazil stuff I deal with are the Master System roms, which generally DON'T have a region lock-out.

8. SwissCM

SwissCM

Because it is. Kind of. PAL-M is PAL since it uses PAL's colour encoding on the NTSC frequency.
    Granted, your TVs are likely capable of NTSC signals as well, though I'm interested in knowing if the video encoders in TecToy's Mega Drives and Master Systems output PAL-M.

The Mega Drives are probably set to 60Hz/International, same as Genesis.