PSP 3000 Joystick Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Crasher, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    So, I bought a preowned EB Games PSP due to sales and had it replaced two times due to the 1000 models wifi not working (first time the switch was broken, second time it just wouldn't work). I upgraded too a 3000, and now I found out my joystick doesn't work.

Basically what happens is that the joystick acts as if it's being held down in the center position and will only act as if it's in the center position if I hold if half-up. It registers somewhat if I hold it up, but it acts as if it's barely pushed up. Simply put, I cannot use my joystick at all, or play any games that require the joystick like Ape Escape: On the Loose.

I'm planning on returning it tomorrow, but does anyone know a way too fix this? I've tried re calibrating, and that didn't help at all. I still have around 2 weeks of warranty because I had too wait for around 2-3 weeks just so I could actually get the god damn thing.

Any help?

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Go to the system information screen and rotate the joystick several times. That's supposed to calibrate it. If that doesn't work, mod it and throw Joysens on there.

3. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Would that actually work though? Calibrating it somewhat helps, as it doesn't go down as fast in the Web Browser, but when rotating, there's a audible click when rotated past the bottom-right.

4. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    ...just get another that works? :I If you've got the warranty and explain to them you're unhappy that you're getting bad ones all the time..

5. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Did that. They didn't have any instore at the time, but they rung up some stores and found one. Apparently this one works (wifi and all).

6. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    What colour is it? It is possible to switch out coloured parts or look online for custom made shells and things~