don't click here

PSO2 & New Genesis Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Yuzu, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    So I'm downloading the game. Any Retro members on any specific ship?

I think I may go on Ship 10 (although 2 probably has more English speakers...)

2. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I'm on Ship 2, block... whatever. I avoid the popular blocks 20 and 21 because of the really annoying symbol art spam (which is in a lot of cases NSFW). I would disable it, but eh, effort.

3. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yeah I chose Ship 2.

I'm sort of getting an idea of what I'm doing but my God do I feel intimidated by all the Japanese.

I only really want to try the game out, anyway. I won't play it too seriously for now.

4. Skaarg

Skaarg

I finally got around to playing last night. Made this badass little dude who I'll have to recreate once the US servers launch.

[​IMG]

I figured out how to do a few quests, and overall had fun. I think it'll be 20x more fun once I understand everything I'm reading, but the gameplay feels right so far.

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Managed to make some friends with other English Bros. so hopefully I shall be questing more.

The gameplay feels so smooth. It feels like an actual evolution of the PSO gameplay, unlike how PSU was. Dodging, guarding, jumping and the fast attacks... I love it. I shall be properly addicted once this hits NA.

6. Skaarg

Skaarg

http://I.imgur.com/VSVPp.jpg

Having some low FPS and input bugs primarily due to Windows 8 being stupid about unsigned drivers and such, but when I saw there was a remote desktop client released for Playstation Suite I had to give this a go. =P Most people on Win 7 are saying after a few tweaks you can get a solid 30-40 FPS with most games so can't wait to "play PSO2 on my Vita" before it actually gets released later this year (next year for english).

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    730,000 registered users so far: http://andriasang.com/con22k/pso2_user_count/

8. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet:
    http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

The English patch was released last week. The game is so awesome to play with the patch now, I really like it. I hope they don't start banning people for using it. The patch translates things you'd expect to be client side, like menus, but also some of the quest objectives are translated too which is extremely helpful.

(And to follow up on my negative comment from the previous page, although this is from the same people who did the closed beta translation patch, someone did have to handle the encryption part for them. I'm glad they found someone to do it.)

9. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Hey you know that no global servers thing?

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=293

yeah that decision is now final; you can only access the Japanese version without breaking the TOS from within Japan

(thanks to GlitterBerri for confirming that is indeed what it says)

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'm honestly not that surprised that that happened.

11. Skaarg

Skaarg

It's bullshit, but not surprising unfortunately. =(

Also the English Patch has been updated. I'll be checking it out soon so long as I don't get banned as soon as I join...

12. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    http://tgs.sega.jp/2012/data/lineup/pso2 so according to Sega's TGS 2012 website, it's coming to iOS as well

13. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    That was announced at the same time as the Vita version.

14. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Well it was actually announced to come to Android, not iOS.

15. Yuzu

Yuzu

[​IMG]

I just thought I'd return to Retro from my hiatus with this picture.

PSO2 Vita Beta times in JST:

2013?1?15?????15:00?23:00
    2013?1?17?????15:00?23:00
    2013?1?19?????15:00?23:00
    2013?1?23?????15:00?23:00
    2013?1?25?????15:00?23:00
    2013?1?26?????15:00?23:00

There's a strict NDA in effect, however.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Any news on the western release yet?

17. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I got a score of like 8400 (on the benchmark) on a relatively aged computer, I think I'm good to go. :v: Now if only SEGA West says something about the English release other than "it's coming".

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    The English website hasn't been updated since August when they first showed the game at PAX. Hopefully there will be some news soon.

19. Vangar

Vangar

It's still coming to the western world right?!

20. Yuzu

Yuzu

Still a loose 2013 date, sadly.

2013. Nothing since PAX. Luckily, the English Translation patch

Still hasn't been updated. It still has the two placeholder pages that I discovered when it was released:

The Community page has the hilarious placeholder text: "A supergiant flying fortress made to be the final line of defence. Can Sonic fend off the relentless chase from Metal Sonic in a high-altitude battle? "

'The legacy": Shows a brief recap of the Phantasy Star series that doesn't really help that much at all. Ignores a lot of plot points and generally seems like it was written by someone that had briefly looked up the series and knew nothing about the later games.

----

In other news, I think I'm going to focus on reworking the main post to an actual thread about the game today instead of it just being about the second alpha. It's been a year and I think it's well overdue for an overhaul.