PSO2 Discussion (New Genesis Announced!)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Krigo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Back on track Member
    Bilbao, Spain
    Upgrading my own life to pro edition
    I've never affixed, japanese seem to like to complicate everything to get even the slightest bonus. Btw, I don't think you needed to do that, I don't think it will take that much time for it to be up on the international servers once the beta period ends (ignore me if you're that eager to try it, since I don't know when it's meant to be released to the public).

This game reached drug cathegory for me, so I quitted the other day until the next mission pass is released, and I'll definitely quite after I complete that one since I won't be able to run the game after the graphics upgrade. If I ever get a better computer (I doubt I'll be able to in the near future ), I'll try the international servers for new genesis since I'd really like to see those graphics on my own desktop and I'll get little benefit from sticking to the jp server if the character's level and stuff doesn't carry over.

2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Back on track Member
    Bilbao, Spain
    Upgrading my own life to pro edition
    Bumping this because the new graphics engine is already there in the japanese servers and I wanted to share my impressions.

The engine looks great, although it tends to get a bit dark, dark as in more realistic but a bit tweaked for horror movies or thrillers (it can cast really long shadows). Well, that's if you select the highest value at every option. Really nice that blur effect when moving. the kind of effect you'd want in a Sonic game to convey speed.

It's also not very demanding too; I know it's not asking too much to a capable enough, recently bought computer, but mine's the opposite to that and I could turn a lot of stuff on without compromising the framerate I had with the old engine save for a few slight occasional framerate on the busier moments.

They have a couple of technical issues for now, though, so my gold mission pass is already at tier 12 or 13 but I can't yet collect my rewards, and that pisses my off. I hope they fix it for the next week.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Good to hear it's not as demanding as many thought it would be. Seeing how getting a new GPU is near impossible these days it'll be nice to not have to rush for a new build anytime soon in order to play this (though it would be nice to have anyway).