don't click here

PS3 USB ports shot

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dannyboy, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Skaarg

Skaarg

Not to try and be a debbie downer here, but how are they going to use a flash drive to backup your saves if the USB ports are shot? :v:

Typically it's a lot cheaper to just replace the whole motherboard rather than try and repair stuff. So when they put the new board in it'll wipe your hard drive. I guess it's entirely possible they have some software, but it's also highly unlikely since to companies user files are very minor and they wouldn't want the software to leak out.

2. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    That's kind of what I had thought too but they told me to do it anyway. It's not like I don't have a few drives laying around so I'm not going to have to buy another one.

Either I get the save data or I don't... One way or another I just wanted the damn thing fixed and I'm finally getting that. lol

I was on the phone with Sony for probably a collective hour, making the point that the USB ports are shot so I'm sure they have some software or some other way of backing it up. I mean... what are the chances I got two different kinds of idiots, one right after another? Those chances are slim right?

-.-