don't click here

Proposition for all Sega CD owners.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Jun 25, 2009.

1. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Well, I know the X'Eye is good, I diff'd it with the dump that you confirmed from Tiido. I guess that it can't be helped, getting in contact with the dumper of that version would be pretty hard, I found it in some random No-Intro rom dump package. I will try, but once again, I doubt anything will come of it.

2. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    I'm assuming what you mean by diff'd it, you did a binary compare and all bytes matched? can you verify the crc32 of his dump? It's way simpler to just calc the CRC32 of the files :)

regardless, http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthrea...2516#post362516 He will be redumping his Multi-Mega with my overdump method using MoD's cable+software, so ther's no need to bother with no-intro at the moment.

but just FYI, http://forums.no-intro.org/viewtopic.php?f...06&start=39 is the no-intro multi-mega dumper. he specifically said in another thread that his BIOS dumps have the FFFF at 0x72 problem.

here's where he mentions his BIOS dumps have the FFFF at 0x72 problem http://forums.no-intro.org/viewtopic.php?f...mp;p=4597#p4597

3. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

Wow, thanks. I hope this works. Also, I hope that I can that Aiwa CDC GM1 bios.

4. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    I have a lead on a Wondermega M2 (RG-M2) BIOS thats been dumped but not released, but so far no response. I'll give it a fewmore days before trying again.

5. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

I do as well, well, I don't know which one it is, but it is one of the Victor/JVC WonderMegas. I am contacting Tiido's friend Fonzie about it, as well as some dude named Skullmonkey.

6. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    Yeah, thats the one. in the tototek thread Skullmonkey said its a Wondermega M2 RG-M2. It was quite a few days ago (a week or so) that I tried pming or emailing Fonzie, either he didn't get them or he's just really busy.

Tiido may have better luck than us I think.

7. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

I actually did get in contact with Fonzie, he says he will look for it, he says it is in an old hard drive at his parents house. I also sent Skullmonkey a PM about it, that way we can have twice the manpower looking for that file.

8. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    Good to know.

9. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

Spinel, buddy, I just kinda hit some pretty hard times (parents bitching at each other, taking things away from me to spite each other) so I am going to need you to keep going with Fonzie and Skullmonkey, as well as follow up on the Aiwa CSD GM1. I will try to get on via PSP every so often, but it will be difficult. Cheers, Matt

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Dude, just get angry and bitch against both of them to stop taking away the damn things from you :v:

EDIT: and make sure to do it furiously =P

11. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    Ok. Do you mind sharing your contact method with me via PM? As I wasn't able to get Fonzie to reply via email or PM.

12. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

I can't remember the IM address, but you could ask Tiido, they are friends. Also, if any of these have the commonly known bad bytes, would it be proper to just fix them before the upload?

13. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    I don't have any IM soft (and won't install any, don't want that shit on my computer) and no response from email and forum PM from him. I've sent Tiido a PM about this.

Yeah, probly better to just fix them. But that is sorta cheating ;) I'd leave the dump as is unaltered if there are any bad bytes and try for a redump later.

14. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

Do you have a hotmail account, you can just get on eBuddy or something. (I would, but typing on PSP is a bitch when your down button only works half the time X[)